Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
TheAccountant

D’Eriq King (Houston QB) to sit remainder of season

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes

oh ok, well no harm no foul then. 

40 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So does that mean that Houston can pull his scholarship for this semester? 

No. His classes have already been paid for, along with his books, room and board, etc. with his football scholarship. They can't take it away now and hand him the bill. Even kids who are dismissed from the team mid-semester don't lose their scholarship at that time.

35 minutes ago, JTrue said:

No. His classes have already been paid for, along with his books, room and board, etc. with his football scholarship. They can't take it away now and hand him the bill. Even kids who are dismissed from the team mid-semester don't lose their scholarship at that time.

There is no difference in them asking you to leave and you asking to leave? 

I did find this, 

“The coach took away my scholarship in the middle of the year”

This almost never happens because coaches know they are not allowed to take a scholarship away mid-school year without a reason. The truth in these situations lies somewhere between the coach’s story and the athletes. Coaches can pull a scholarship mid-year for 3 reasons: 1) you are ineligible, 2) misrepresent information in a university document or 3) withdrawal from the team. The interpretation of these rules falls to the university and the coach. If you feel you have not violated these rules and lost your scholarship mid-year, you are allowed to file for reconsideration with your athletic department. You will need to contact them to do so.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/question/can-a-coach-take-away-my-scholarship-without-telling-me

i have no clue as to how viable the source is. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

There is no difference in them asking you to leave and you asking to leave? 

My guess would be that if coaches could pull scholarships mid-semester for transfers, kids would just lie and stick around until the end of Spring and that doesn't benefit anyone. Not to mention, it would be an absolute **** show if colleges billed kids for tuition and such and just dropped a number in the $5-$20k range on them.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

My guess would be that if coaches could pull scholarships mid-semester for transfers, kids would just lie and stick around until the end of Spring and that doesn't benefit anyone. Not to mention, it would be an absolute **** show if colleges billed kids for tuition and such and just dropped a number in the $5-$20k range on them.

I think makes the athlete choose before the start of semester, which to me isn't the worst idea. Otherwise if you leave mid semester to have to pay for it. i edited my last post to include something I found online. 

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I believe he had to commit to a decision before the start of the term...that’s what I read on the conference discussion board (not TBP). 

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I believe he had to commit to a decision before the start of the term...that’s what I read on the conference discussion board (not TBP). 

Would start of term be submitting the paperwork or attending the classes? I only ask because, ESPN reported that he had already submitted his paperwork to receive the scholarship. If he did that but didn't go to the first day of classes would the scholarship money not be paid? 

16 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Would start of term be submitting the paperwork or attending the classes? I only ask because, ESPN reported that he had already submitted his paperwork to receive the scholarship. If he did that but didn't go to the first day of classes would the scholarship money not be paid? 

Not sure how it would work. However I would be extremely surprised if King  is getting a full ride this term.

Apparently if you the star player of your position group and team walks, you get moved 

Houston: Dana Holgersen has finalized staff responsibilities for the 2020 season by moving tight ends coach Shannon Dawson to offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Marquel Blackwell will move from quarterbacks to running backs, Justin Johnson will move from running backs to tight ends (and Y-receivers), and co-defensive coordinator Doug Belk has been promoted to associate head coach and will continue to work with safeties. The program has also added West Virginia defensive recruiting coordinator Casey Smithson to the staff as director of player personnel.

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Edited by BrassBulls12

He is visiting University of Miami this weekend