• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU/Dallas

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

In light of conversations elsewhere about G5's in major metropolitan areas, interesting to see what SMU has done with the whole embracing Dallas scheme of their uniforms ....

image.png.ee03d6e47e749fd07be05d151c065b93.pngimage.png.a78cc49c61307534df328c7d2f7463c7.png

.... still only had 17K at their last home game so may take it awhile, if ever, to catch on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Pretty cool! Hopefully USF comes up with a helmet that shows Tampa Bay on it. Maybe make green letters with Tampa Bay along with the U.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Nice units, though I am guessing that was a one time thing since no university incorporates their city or state on their general uniforms unless it is part of the university name (Univ of Tampa)

Given the Latin roots of Tampa, I would love to see USF do more of a play on the Los Toros theme, especially in football 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Nice units, though I am guessing that was a one time thing since no university incorporates their city or state on their general uniforms unless it is part of the university name (Univ of Tampa)

Given the Latin roots of Tampa, I would love to see USF do more of a play on the Los Toros theme, especially in football 

Los Toros is cool with me. They did it for the basketball teams. Still have my USF Los Toros shirt. Syracuse incorporates NY on their helmet sticker on the back

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Los Toros is cool with me. They did it for the basketball teams. Still have my USF Los Toros shirt. Syracuse incorporates NY on their helmet sticker on the back

We did that also maybe 3 years ago (2015 or 2016) - all of the Florida Universities did it IIRC (FSU, UF, UM, USF - can not remember if UCF had them)

I wish we would do it again

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Pretty cool! Hopefully USF comes up with a helmet that shows Tampa Bay on it. Maybe make green letters with Tampa Bay along with the U.

That would be very cool🤘

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, bowman1 said:

Mixed emotions...do people in Tampa know this? I love the name but would hate explaining it every five minutes...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, bowman1 said:

They have been wearing them all year, I actually like it, their team gets a collective yawn from Dallas anyways due to A&M and UT popularity, also Baylor, TCU, TT all P5, need to do something original to get noticed.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Tampa Skyline in the background and the U logo.