• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bradley Mosley?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Any word lately? Hasn't he already set the record for beating this particularly henious cancer? I hope he is well.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

One article said he was still going to sit out this season, but that is the only news i've read on him lately.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

He's still listed on the roster. As for sitting out this season and playing next, he'd need to petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility due to injury/illness. I'd like to think they would grant it, but you never can tell (see also: Johnson, Scott).

Johnson did play a couple games during his injury years, but should have been awarded a 6th year.

I don't know if Mosley is even taking classes.  If he doesn't, then, although he is listed on the usf site roster, i don't think he'd be taking up a scholarship, nor would it cost him a year, and he should be awarded an extra year anyway by the NCAA, in a fair world.  ::)

Velcro, the "eligibility clock" starts ticking when you enroll in college or JC. Even if you drop out of school, you still use one of your five years of eligibility (four + redshirt). So 05-06 is Mosley's last season to play, unless he gets special permission from the NCAA.

And another thing, did Mosley officially redshirt the 04-05 season? I think you have to do NCAA paperwork for that...

I don't know about the redshirt... i would hope he did, but then... he found out he was going to miss the season so close to the start of the season that he might not have had time... can that paperwork be filled out after the fact?

According to an old SP Times story

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/01/20/Sports/_I_can_beat_this_.shtml

If (Mosley's recovery) continues, he could seek a medical redshirt for next season (05-06), if necessary, and play his senior season as late as 2006-07.

This implies that he used his freebie redshirt on the 04-05 season. And I should correct myself -- I'm not 100% certain that you have to do paperwork. You may be able to just not play, and come back for your fifth year.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

He's still listed on the roster. As for sitting out this season and playing next, he'd need to petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility due to injury/illness. I'd like to think they would grant it, but you never can tell (see also: Johnson, Scott).

When he beats this cancer (always keep it positive in maters such as this) the ncaa better give him another year he has earned it if they don’t then my respect for the NCAA will go even lower than it already is if that is possible

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Redshirts used to able to be applied for at the end of the season if you never touched the field/court.