• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Usf is a G5 school

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Related image

Wow I like that!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

….or, "Corey is a troll"

I still can't shake the keyboard in his pic and every time I see it I think of Mugatu...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

19 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Sure it is, just look at the facilities.

And the head of the administration in Athletics, Michael Kelly, has stated more times that we know of how imperative it is that the the Football Center project gets built and that we need financial support in accomplishing this.

Again, you could not be more wrong about the administration in Athletics commitment right now.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

And the head of the administration in Athletics, Michael Kelly, has stated more times that we know of how imperative it is that the the Football Center project gets built and that we need financial support in accomplishing this.

Again, you could not be more wrong about the administration in Athletics commitment right now.

John, I think he's referring the executive wing and BOT at the university level not the athletics level.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

John, I think he's referring the executive wing and BOT at the university level not the athletics level.  

I wasn't sure if he was or not. Can't really call out the new President for anything like that yet anyways.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I wasn't sure if he was or not. Can't really call out the new President for anything like that yet anyways.

Plus I think USF facilities are great. The hoops facilities are amazing. Baseball & softball have nice stadiums. LRS athletics facility is nice. Won’t be long before the IPF is reality. I would match USF facilities as P5 level to be honest 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Plus I think USF facilities are great. The hoops facilities are amazing. Baseball & softball have nice stadiums. LRS athletics facility is nice. Won’t be long before the IPF is reality. I would match USF facilities as P5 level to be honest 

Only thing is that you got keep up in the improvements...the Pee5 have the $ to continue to add and up grade. Thus, we can get behind pretty quickly....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Only thing is that you got keep up in the improvements...the Pee5 have the $ to continue to add and up grade. Thus, we can get behind pretty quickly....

That is the P5 plan in a nutshell -- circle the wagons around their TV money and let the G5 never get a leg up to compete. We can build and build and will never catch up imo. We simply do not have the resources or donor base for it. At some point, I hope athletics takes a more reasonable approach to this need to chase/keep up with the big boys on the slim chance we might be joining them some day. That is not to say the IPF or other current plans are not needed at the school. Just that our approach appears like we are emulating the spending supported by our old Big East budgets. When we dropped (for lack of a better term) from BCS level to the AAC, was there any adjustment to the budgets?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

That is the P5 plan in a nutshell -- circle the wagons around their TV money and let the G5 never get a leg up to compete. We can build and build and will never catch up imo. We simply do not have the resources or donor base for it. At some point, I hope athletics takes a more reasonable approach to this need to chase/keep up with the big boys on the slim chance we might be joining them some day. That is not to say the IPF or other current plans are not needed at the school. Just that our approach appears like we are emulating the spending supported by our old Big East budgets. When we dropped (for lack of a better term) from BCS level to the AAC, was there any adjustment to the budgets?

That’s a good question Mike. I suspect they changed little because we were getting the $ from the those that left the BE. A hard question for the future is so we drop a few Olympic sports to help pay for revenue sports. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s a good question Mike. I suspect they changed little because we were getting the $ from the those that left the BE. A hard question for the future is so we drop a few Olympic sports to help pay for revenue sports. 

I'd rather not drop any sports - but feel we budget far too much money for our coaches salaries. Teams on our level use younger, newer, and cheaper coaches. Jobs in our conference are used by coaches as a stepping stone-- not a retirement plan. Whatever we are paying CCS right now is not worth it. Hopefully we turn that around soon and the next coach understands that our budget is not P5 level. We can incentivize it making it easy for them to jump to a new place. I'd like us to avoid the whole "lock the coach down" approach unless attendance can support raises.