• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Too Early to Talk March Madness...but What The Hell

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Agreed 100% and its rare that I agree with Trip.

I think these days we've agreed a lot on the basketball side ....... now, your anal retentiveness concerning the athletic department's publications has us in different corners, though.;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

2 hours ago, Triple B said:
18 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Agreed 100% and its rare that I agree with Trip.

I think these days we've agreed a lot on the basketball side ....... now, your anal retentiveness concerning the athletic department's publications has us in different corners, though.

tenor.gif?itemid=11821445

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

The best NCAA teams are either a) getting one and done players or b) have a core together for multiple years and the system, players, coaching, etc. gel and they make a run. We're not going to be in the first category any time soon, so our success is going to be more akin to Bucknell or Murray State. Where our older guys have developed and maybe a younger guy or two gets added to the mix to push us over the top. Some of the older guys graduate and we hopefully repeat the process with the younger ones and make another NCAA run a couple years later.

Best teams are one year? Depends on your metric. If you call the teams who finish in the top 25 in football the "best" teams for the season, give or take, 25/130 is the same percentage of football teams as 68/351. If you're saying the "best" teams are the ones who make it to the Sweet 16 or higher, yeah, those are probably your one and done (two and done) teams with a much higher degree of turnover.

The latter and not the former. I think my point was that Basketball can typically develop at more of a breakneck speed than football since one player out of five makes a greater difference than one out of 22, it is not uncommon for some great teams to be established for one and done seasons and that the season is considerably more games allowing for more opportunity to develop. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

MK should be planning NOW on how he keeps BG at USF...please don’t wait until he is fielding offers from other schools....

Edited by NewEnglandBull