• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Blake Barnett...the professional

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

He was also tops at interfering with internal investigations.

Sure he could have apologized and stayed forever, done anger management, but nope, chose his hill to die on and made sure he did.

It was BS, I don’t blame him. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

34 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I've said it so many times but I will repeat it once again. Schools/Teams that WANT to keep a coach around find a way to make it work. CJL never had a chance even if he was an angel during the entire investigation. People were out to get him fired and they took the opportunity to run him out. I am not condoning his actions in the situation-- either how he treated players or responded to the investigation. But had this been someone like Nick Saban-- beloved by his school and the donors-- they would have bent over backwards to hand out some sort of "justice" that made sure they did not lose their coach. A suspension or some other method was within their powers but they went for the jugular which makes most of us believe this was the intention from the start: Wait for some mishap to occur and make it grounds to fire him. It was only made more palatable to the general public because of the other coaching incidents around the country that also led to firing the coach.

If the administration wanted him-- they make their own rules as far as how they would have handled it. Firing was the extreme and imo-- the intent from the jump.

Judy always had it out to get CJL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

2 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Judy always had it out to get CJL.

Maybe-- didn't seem so early on. But things change as people interact over time (she seemed super happy with CJL at the 2001 Pitt game) and the influence of large donors talking to her and Woolard with threats to pull their money etc. I wonder if we will ever get the real dirt of what was going on in the background.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

He was also tops at interfering with internal investigations.

Sure he could have apologized and stayed forever, done anger management, but nope, chose his hill to die on and made sure he did.

I agree. I don’t know why he did what he did but there were a few bad decisions he made at that time. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree. I don’t know why he did what he did but there were a few bad decisions he made at that time. 

This is a case of the coverup NOT being worse that the crime. CJL was getting fired for something regardless. Frame it any way you want-- the bottom line is that there was NOTHING CJL could have done to save his job once the powers that be had their infraction available. IMO the crime was the treatment of CJL.

Well-- I suppose he could have built a time machine, traveled to the previous couple of seasons and squeezed out some more wins. Well that is after killing baby Hitler, of course, or whatever the time travel standards were at that time.

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742

40 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Maybe-- didn't seem so early on. But things change as people interact over time (she seemed super happy with CJL at the 2001 Pitt game) and the influence of large donors talking to her and Woolard with threats to pull their money etc. I wonder if we will ever get the real dirt of what was going on in the background.

Judy should have known not to mess with  the baddest Man on campus.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Judy should have known not to mess with  the baddest Man on campus.

Ummm🤔 I believe the final score was 

Judy 1

Baddest Man On Campus 0

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

Barnett is being professional because he knows the limitations of the offensive line and there will come a moment in time where McCloud will sh@t the bed and he will have to step in and play.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

1 hour ago, 7overlord said:

Barnett is being professional because he knows the limitations of the offensive line and there will come a moment in time where McCloud will sh@t the bed and he will have to step in and play.

That and he knows that no matter how unhappy he is he has to suck it up and play the game of being a team player so he has a shot at the next level.