• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett...the professional

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Matt Cassel hardly played at all in college iirc, and had a long NFL career. Have a good combine, and anything can happen. I doubt Blake gets in though.

Measurables go a long way in the NFL Draft. Hell, guys have been drafted/signed that didn't even play college football. I'm not saying BB will be one of them, and playing time/results absolutely factor in, but there's plenty of wiggle room for people to get a shot. QF is the flip-side of that coin where you can be a hellacious college QB and get no shot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

the professional leon GIF

So is BB staring in the prequel or sequel to the original? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

the professional leon GIF

So is BB staring in the prequel or sequel to the original? 

I think he'll be staring at 4th Q reps, if any right now.

^little Nat grew into such a beauty after that movie!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Always remember Mike White plays in the NFL.  Anything can happen.

Best Pro Style QB to ever come out of USF, it's a shame CWT couldn't coach him up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

40 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Best Pro Style QB to ever come out of USF, it's a shame CWT couldn't coach him up.

Shame Mike couldn’t change his style or at least hold onto the ball.

i think his ability to make an NFL roster says more about the lack of talent in the league than his ability.

Guest Jonesy Bull
18 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

What pisses me off the most is that Taggart finally found out how to win at USF, so instead of USF trying to keep with the same style up tempo offense they had Sterling come in and slow it down. Finally we are getting back to scoring fast with KB. 

I don't think we have seen that yet.  I don't count scoring a bunch of points off of 8 turnovers against an FCS team as getting back to scoring fast. 

I do think that we are headed in the right direction with KB in charge of the offense though.  Its going to take some patience, which we all have lots of!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't think we have seen that yet.  I don't count scoring a bunch of points off of 8 turnovers against an FCS team as getting back to scoring fast. 

I do think that we are headed in the right direction with KB in charge of the offense though.  Its going to take some patience, which we all have lots of!

To be fair the offense scored all the points and were 6 for 6 In red zone for tds. 

It is a step in right direction for sure.

Need the defense to tighten up more.

Guest Jonesy Bull
26 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

To be fair the offense scored all the points and were 6 for 6 In red zone for tds. 

It is a step in right direction for sure.

Need the defense to tighten up more.

No I get it, the offense definitely looked good for the first time in a long time, but lets not forget who we were playing against. 

The Defense did get 8 turnovers - and that not nothing.  That was impressive, even against an FCS team.  But on the other hand, SCSU was able to get some yardage against us and convert some long 3rd downs, so yes the Defense still has work to do.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:
20 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Always remember Mike White plays in the NFL.  Anything can happen.

It's a shame he didn't fit our style of play--I liked the kid a lot but there was never much of a pocket for him to work with and the kid couldn't run well. I know you're partially kidding/baiting but CWT would have had to coach up everyone else to support his abilities, there wasn't much he could do to change MW's skill set.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

It's a shame he didn't fit our style of play--I liked the kid a lot but there was never much of a pocket for him to work with and the kid couldn't run well. I know you're partially kidding/baiting but CWT would have had to coach up everyone else to support his abilities, there wasn't much he could do to change MW's skill set.

Western Kentucky Blocked for him.