• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett...the professional

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, bullstampede9922 said:
11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Um, yeah, that's literally not what I was saying at all.  For the contextually challenged, let's just say he certainly could have stayed and developed under some of the best coaches in college football.  His moving around was clearly to his detriment.  

That's actually what you said.  Look at Brad Johnson, he was a backup and made it in the NFL as if one example makes the whole argument.  I just said he wanted playing time, saw the better talent that was going to be starting and saw the writing on the wall.   Didn't mean it as a challenge to your intellect. 

Dude, he was comparing BJ's situation with BB's potential situation on being able to play in the NFL, not comparing QB to QB. Context indeed.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Blake certainly hasn't helped himself as he's moved around so much that it stifled his mental development as a quarterback. He still has that same 5 star QB physical skill set but that's all he is. He's still more thrower than Quarterback as his game is basically all arm talent and good straight line speeds for a big QB. He still locks in on to his first option, doesn't go through progressions more than often than not, and has terrible pocket presence/feel. Changing QB coaches and OC's every year isn't going to help too many kids reach thir potential but he has nobody to blame but himself for that. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

That's actually what you said.  Look at Brad Johnson, he was a backup and made it in the NFL as if one example makes the whole argument.  I just said he wanted playing time, saw the better talent that was going to be starting and saw the writing on the wall.   Didn't mean it as a challenge to your intellect.  

One example is all I need to overcome your absolute assertion saying that "his career would have been over if he stayed at Alabama."  

However, I literally never said that Blake was as good as Brad Johnson.  I'm not sure where you got that twisted up. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

He still has that same 5 star QB physical skill set but that's all he is. 

The only thing that remains 5 star for BB is his measurables.  That's it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

The only thing that remains 5 star for BB is his measurables.  That's it. 

Yup he's Asianti Woulard 2.0. He looks the part, tall, big, throws it hard, throws it far, has the arm talent to make all the throws, and is straight line above average fast for a QB. Unfortunately it takes way more than that to be a good QB at this level. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup he's Asianti Woulard 2.0. He looks the part, tall, big, throws it hard, throws it far, has the arm talent to make all the throws, and is straight line above average fast for a QB. Unfortunately it takes way more than that to be a good QB at this level. 

But those measurables will have some team take a round 7 flyer on him especially once they look at his junior season stats and highlights. 

WE CAN FIX HIM!!!!!!

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Blake is the type of QB that needs a strong OL to be successful, something we don't have right now. 

McLeod had the ability to hide some of those OL deficiencies which is why I'm glad we are going with him now, but as a Freshman he is going to take some lumps.  Get him the experience this year and let him grow.  Hopefully we finally address the **** OL next year!

Is there a reason you insist on spelling his name wrong?  Unless you aren't talking about the guy that started the last USF game in which case I apologize.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

But those measurables will have some team take a round 7 flyer on him especially once they look at his junior season stats and highlights. 

WE CAN FIX HIM!!!!!!

All it may take is good blocking. He has the tools. His confidence got rocked 

Guest Jonesy Bull
32 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is there a reason you insist on spelling his name wrong?  Unless you aren't talking about the guy that started the last USF game in which case I apologize.

Not intentional.  No direspect meant..Jordan McCloud it is.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Brad Johnson would probably disagree with you.  He stayed at FSU behind Casey Weldon and did all right in the NFL later.  

For sure, he probably would have developed more if he had stayed in one spot.  

Matt Cassel hardly played at all in college iirc, and had a long NFL career. Have a good combine, and anything can happen. I doubt Blake gets in though.