• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Those going to Pitt.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446
  • Days Won:  0

Have we talked about matching shirts?  I was in Miami for the Clemson game last year, and it was very impressive that EVERY Clemson fan was wearing an orange shirt.  Compared to last week where we looked more hodge-podge...some green, some white, some grey.  Definitely something we should try coordinating somehow, going forward.

They did shirts for Alabama.

Athletics has said they won't do them because of the cost...

HOWEVER...

Athletics could work to spread the word as to what color the fans should wear for a specific game.

Yellow @ Cincinnati... Green @ Pittsburgh... etc.

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Have we talked about matching shirts?  I was in Miami for the Clemson game last year, and it was very impressive that EVERY Clemson fan was wearing an orange shirt.  Compared to last week where we looked more hodge-podge...some green, some white, some grey.  Definitely something we should try coordinating somehow, going forward.

I can't wait to see you on TV with the same color shirts on....ooops nevermind, no TV.   >:(

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

Wear GREEN shirts since Pitt has some kind of gold in their colors ... decision made

Wear GREEN shirts since Pitt has some kind of gold in their colors ... decision made

The problem is not making the decision, genius, it's telling everyone... ;-) ;-) ;-)

While we love to think of ourselves as the center of the Bull universe... I would bet that most of the USF people going to Pitt do not know of this message board, let alone take the time to read this thread and see your message.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143

lets take an ad out in the Oracle, St. Pete Times, and Tribune to let everyone know to wear a certain color on game days - that should get everyone's attention ;D

i was looking at the schedule today and we only have 2 more home games - this sucks!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80

Ok shirts aren't that important in the overall scheme of things but...

Why is it that our Athletic Department appears to not be terribly resourceful?  Seems to me that there are a few  ;) corporations in the Tampa area.  Why not explore a having them sponsor shirts for away games?  The corporation funds the shirts and gets its name on them.  Simple, right?

For the Louisville game there were those "Sack Attack" cards with Outback Steakhouse on them.  Wouldn't this be similar?

Is there some NCAA regulation on this?

If so, then let's do it through the private booster organizations.

Ok shirts aren't that important in the overall scheme of things but...

Why is it that our Athletic Department appears to not be terribly resourceful?  Seems to me that there are a few  ;) corporations in the Tampa area.  Why not explore a having them sponsor shirts for away games?  The corporation funds the shirts and gets its name on them.  Simple, right?

For the Louisville game there were those "Sack Attack" cards with Outback Steakhouse on them.  Wouldn't this be similar?

Is there some NCAA regulation on this?

If so, then let's do it through the private booster organizations.

I believe that Athletics is more concerned about operating dollars than spending money on t-shirts.  The 'sack attack' signs were less than a dollar a piect.  T-shirts would be $3-$5 or more (depending on licensing issues).

If Corporation X wants to give $5,000 to USF, I think USF would rather take the cash than ask them to pay for T-shirts.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the AD should post the colors on the season TIX and also for the away games in the season tix pack. post on the wedsite, remind folks in radio ads they do so as many people know as possible.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

No, they should add $7 to the price of an away ticket and include a T shirt with it.  Then everybody would have the same shirt and a souvenir for the away game, and the school could subsidize the shirts by signing up a corporate partner before the season to sponsor away game shirts - the partner would also have their logo on the shirts.