• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to travel board? Anyone traveling to Annapolis?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It will be interesting to see how they schedule in the future without the 2 divisions.  Looked forward to going to Houston, SMU, Memphis and Tulane every 4 years.  May not be as often in the future.

Yeah I’m hoping if they do two common opponents that we have Tulane and I’m sure UCF is gonna be the other common yearly opponent. So we could end up getting trips to NOLA every other year. We will see what happens.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Yeah I’m hoping if they do two common opponents that we have Tulane and I’m sure UCF is gonna be the other common yearly opponent. So we could end up getting trips to NOLA every other year. We will see what happens.

I would take Navy over Tulane. I just don’t get the fascination with New Orleans. It’s ok to go to...once....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would take Navy over Tulane. I just don’t get the fascination with New Orleans. It’s ok to go to...once....

You must not be doing the Big Easy right.  More good food, great music and historic charm than one could enjoy in a lifetime of visits.

That said,  maybe we can add Annapolis and New Orleans and skip Orlando.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

You must not be doing the Big Easy right.  More good food, great music and historic charm than one could enjoy in a lifetime of visits.

I am all for your last sentence 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

11 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Not much into the Bourbon Street thing but, as Silver said, great restaurants.  

40 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not much into the Bourbon Street thing but, as Silver said, great restaurants.  

Surprised that you of all people don't like somewhere called Bourbon Street , but that is the trap.  Most out-of-towners just stay on Bourbon Street because that is what they know.   You need to move the party over to Magazine Street.  Not so much about just getting stumblin' drunk.  Also many great venues sprinkled around town.  Next time in maybe I'll introduce you to my driver, Big E.  Impossible not to have a good time when he shows you his city.  Last time we were there he even took us to take part in a Second Line event.  Very cool.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Surprised that you of all people don't like somewhere called Bourbon Street , but that is the trap.  Most out-of-towners just stay on Bourbon Street because that is what they know.   You need to move the party over to Magazine Street.  Not so much about just getting stumblin' drunk.  Also many great venues sprinkled around town.  Next time in maybe I'll introduce you to my driver, Big E.  Impossible not to have a good time when he shows you his city.  Last time we were there he even took us to take part in a Second Line event.  Very cool.

You seem to know the city much better than me.  We've mostly been there a couple days at a time for football or a WBB tournament.  Have found one restaurant in particular that we love.  Now, I may or may not have gone out late night once on Bourbon St with a coach and his staff that may have involved some alcohol.  

What is a Second Line event?

Edited by CousinRicky

A Second Line is sort of a New Orleans gumbo of a jazz street parade and dancing, often accompanying funeral processions, which turn from somber to celebratory in a moment.  Something to see.