• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to travel board? Anyone traveling to Annapolis?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And, just to let people know, I'll stand and applaud the whole time as the Brigade of Midshipmen march into the stadium. Did the same last time there but even more so this time around.  Good friends of ours lost their son in an accident a couple of Thanksgivings ago.  https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/28/navy-pilot-lost-c2-crash-flew-hell-out-that-airplane.html.  

Then I hope we beat the tar out of their football team.

Well, that one hits the heart.  God bless his family with peace.  Freedom ain't free.  I was a crew chief on an AC-130H gunship (USAF) and lost crew members I knew at Desert One soon after I separated.

I don't mean to hijack, but I couldn't let that one get buried in the posts.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

46 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

So I see that the USF travel package is at the Westin Hotel which says it is about .7 miles from stadium. The room rate is around $265 a night. So I looked at the Crown Plaza which is about 3 miles from stadium that is about $180 a night. So trying to make a decision lol

Those prices are better than when we were looking many months ago.  Guess demand wasn't as high.  

10 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Well, that one hits the heart.  God bless his family with peace.  Freedom ain't free.  I was a crew chief on an AC-130H gunship (USAF) and lost crew members I knew at Desert One soon after I separated.

I don't mean to hijack, but I couldn't let that one get buried in the posts.

I think of that kid 9 out of 10 times I hear our anthem and tears well up each time.  If people are watching me they are probably trying to figure out what's up with that guy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Those prices are better than when we were looking many months ago.  Guess demand wasn't as high.  

It is crazy as if you look at the same hotels for this weekend they are about half the price lol. Never been to Annapolis so I have no idea what is close by. I see that USF is doing the Friday calling all Bulls at an Irish Pub which sounds good 

14 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

It is crazy as if you look at the same hotels for this weekend they are about half the price lol. Never been to Annapolis so I have no idea what is close by. I see that USF is doing the Friday calling all Bulls at an Irish Pub which sounds good 

You can get to and from the stadium to downtown/campus area via walking if I remember.  Our AirBnB is 2 blocks from the stadium but, weather permitting, we're planning on walking to the campus and Alumni event on Friday.  Google Maps is your friend and check out where the hotels are in relation to the activities.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You can get to and from the stadium to downtown/campus area via walking if I remember.  Our AirBnB is 2 blocks from the stadium but, weather permitting, we're planning on walking to the campus and Alumni event on Friday.  Google Maps is your friend and check out where the hotels are in relation to the activities.

I booked an el cheap hotel in Annapolis. I’ve never walked around the area but plan on doing so after the game and Sunday morning. My flight does not return until 7:00pm so I’ll have plenty of time. 

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I booked an el cheap hotel in Annapolis. I’ve never walked around the area but plan on doing so after the game and Sunday morning. My flight does not return until 7:00pm so I’ll have plenty of time. 

Just checked our AirBnB and booked it through Saturday night.  I guess we didn't know game time when we booked. So now have to cancel a reservation in Richmond for Sat night figuring we would leave after the game and find something further down 95.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I'll be there the week before. That friday, 10 of my homies are flying in. We are all taking the Alumni bus to the tailgate/game.

Wow, the bus is sold out.

https://www.usfalumni.org/s/861/02-alumni/index.aspx?sid=861&gid=1&pgid=5158&cid=15027&ecid=15027

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Looks like USF will have a lot of fans in Annapolis as the travel package for Westin  may be sold out. Just booked Crown Plaza hotel Thursday to Sunday. Flying Southwest to BWI Thursday arriving around 4:30. Got the pregame tailgate tickets which looks like it will be inside the stadium. Plan on heading to the Friday happy hour that is at Faldo’s Irish Pub around 5-7pm. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

32 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Looks like USF will have a lot of fans in Annapolis as the travel package for Westin  may be sold out. Just booked Crown Plaza hotel Thursday to Sunday. Flying Southwest to BWI Thursday arriving around 4:30. Got the pregame tailgate tickets which looks like it will be inside the stadium. Plan on heading to the Friday happy hour that is at Faldo’s Irish Pub around 5-7pm. Go Bulls!

I will be doing the same and also staying at the Crown Plaza.

• Upvote 1