• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to travel board? Anyone traveling to Annapolis?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Planning on flying up to Annapolis to see USF take on Navy. Anyone ever been ? Anyone going? Is Westin best hotel option? Thanks!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Going, but haven't looked yet!  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have no idea why @Brad removed this board as there are plenty of us who travel. The GT thread had multiple pages. Looking at some of the other boards,  there are plenty of others that should be eliminated first. 

That being said I will be attending the Navy game.  Let me know if anyone would like to get together before the game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have no idea why @Brad removed this board as there are plenty of us who travel. The GT thread had multiple pages. Looking at some of the other boards,  there are plenty of others that should be eliminated first. 

That being said I will be attending the Navy game.  Let me know if anyone would like to get together before the game. 

I like having it on the main board.  I never looked on the travel board even though I go to away games.  Small sample size, but hey.

• Upvote 1

Think it should be a pin travel thread on the main board to eliminate any confusion. Just have to be able to scroll through which road games that you are interested in I guess lol. Anyone hoping we all can coordinate some pre game events. I’m planning on doing the alumni pregame tailgate as they seem to always do a great job with it. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Think it should be a pin travel thread on the main board to eliminate any confusion. Just have to be able to scroll through which road games that you are interested in I guess lol. Anyone hoping we all can coordinate some pre game events. I’m planning on doing the alumni pregame tailgate as they seem to always do a great job with it. 

That would work to pin perhaps.  The question is how far out to pin it?  People plan a long time out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Planning on flying up to Annapolis to see USF take on Navy. Anyone ever been ? Anyone going? Is Westin best hotel option? Thanks!

We're still planning on going unless we lose every game up to that one.  Even then we'll probably go.  We are also doing the Alumni tailgate if we go.  

We did the Navy trip 4 years ago.  If you go up, try to be there, at the Academy, by noon on Friday to watch them form up. Very cool.  The campus is gorgeous.  Could be the right time of the year as far as foliage as well.  We had stayed at the Marriott near campus last time (great location) but it was outrageously expensive this time around so doing an AirBnB.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We're still planning on going unless we lose every game up to that one.  Even then we'll probably go.  We are also doing the Alumni tailgate if we go.  

We did the Navy trip 4 years ago.  If you go up, try to be there, at the Academy, by noon on Friday to watch them form up. Very cool.  The campus is gorgeous.  Could be the right time of the year as far as foliage as well.  We had stayed at the Marriott near campus last time (great location) but it was outrageously expensive this time around so doing an AirBnB.  

Thanks for the info! We should see you there at the pregame tailgate! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Thanks for the info! We should see you there at the pregame tailgate! 

And, just to let people know, I'll stand and applaud the whole time as the Brigade of Midshipmen march into the stadium. Did the same last time there but even more so this time around.  Good friends of ours lost their son in an accident a couple of Thanksgivings ago.  https://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/28/navy-pilot-lost-c2-crash-flew-hell-out-that-airplane.html.  

Then I hope we beat the tar out of their football team.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Think it should be a pin travel thread on the main board to eliminate any confusion.

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

That would work to pin perhaps.  The question is how far out to pin it?  People plan a long time out.

If y'all want to start a thread for each away game you want to discuss, I can pin them and see how it works ............ of course, this plan is subject to change at the discretion of the board's Overlord.

• Upvote 1