• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, ForestBull said:

If I hear the word PORTAL one more time...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

If the portal is the saving grace of our program shouldn’t we get better as we bring in more portal players instead of worse? Is incremental progress impossible? Does every player have to be a portal player before the team can improve and when it’s only 99% we will go 0-12 but then those last two portal signings will miracle is to 15-0?

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, puc86 said:

If the portal is the saving grace of our program shouldn’t we get better as we bring in more portal players instead of worse? Is incremental progress impossible? Does every player have to be a portal player before the team can improve and when it’s only 99% we will go 0-12 but then those last two portal signings will miracle is to 15-0?

Well, as this year has shown, by time we get to recruits that will come here and possibly develop, there are very few that can play with a Wisconsin. Getting players from the portal from P5 schools has its advantages. They were probably pushed out by players with better skill sets at a higher level. Just look at the success of Sails, Macon, Slade and Studstill. Even look at the splash plays of Evans and I'm seeing Thaxton getting PT.  I'm convinced that Norman and Atterbury has evidence that Strong killed someone and that's the sole reason for not putting in Hopple and someone else. 

All of that crazy talk about Sawtelle was the guy over Macon was laughery ... Mims is a capable backup, but I would not want him starting against better competition. Again, Roberts and Sanders are not big time players and need to be replaced. Evans and Davis should be getting a shot. I'm fine with developing Bellamy and a few of the younger linebackers, but everyone wants to win right now! 

Boyles and Greer haven't shown squat and I would not rely on them developing for next year. The two are both built like Tarzan and hit like Jane. We have some real holes that need to be address and I'm down for filtering out a few more players and raiding the portal for some legit P5 talent to mix in with the gems that came in as freshmen, ie Ford, McGloud. 

I watched Waller the other night and he has a long way to go. Haven't seen Kirby or Armon Williams. Can Tyrik Jones play in the middle? He has flashed a few times in limited action. Did McDoom even play against SC State? He was not a portal guy, but just transferred in from Michigan. I think he was recruited there to be a running back. I think I would give him a shot there. Joiner Jr. will be a good back and where the hell was Sands? I'm glad to see Sails handle punts..I puke every time I see Sanders on the field. Might be a good kid, but he is average at best. After watching Sails play, you now see that Hampton is just average that does not like to tackle. He has been burnt several times. We can add some depth fast...now go get some legit P5 talent. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

26 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Well, as this year has shown, by time we get to recruits that will come here and possibly develop, there are very few that can play with a Wisconsin. Getting players from the portal from P5 schools has its advantages. They were probably pushed out by players with better skill sets at a higher level. Just look at the success of Sails, Macon, Slade and Studstill. Even look at the splash plays of Evans and I'm seeing Thaxton getting PT.  I'm convinced that Norman and Atterbury has evidence that Strong killed someone and that's the sole reason for not putting in Hopple and someone else. 

All of that crazy talk about Sawtelle was the guy over Macon was laughery ... Mims is a capable backup, but I would not want him starting against better competition. Again, Roberts and Sanders are not big time players and need to be replaced. Evans and Davis should be getting a shot. I'm fine with developing Bellamy and a few of the younger linebackers, but everyone wants to win right now! 

Boyles and Greer haven't shown squat and I would not rely on them developing for next year. The two are both built like Tarzan and hit like Jane. We have some real holes that need to be address and I'm down for filtering out a few more players and raiding the portal for some legit P5 talent to mix in with the gems that came in as freshmen, ie Ford, McGloud. 

I watched Waller the other night and he has a long way to go. Haven't seen Kirby or Armon Williams. Can Tyrik Jones play in the middle? He has flashed a few times in limited action. Did McDoom even play against SC State? He was not a portal guy, but just transferred in from Michigan. I think he was recruited there to be a running back. I think I would give him a shot there. Joiner Jr. will be a good back and where the hell was Sands? I'm glad to see Sails handle punts..I puke every time I see Sanders on the field. Might be a good kid, but he is average at best. After watching Sails play, you now see that Hampton is just average that does not like to tackle. He has been burnt several times. We can add some depth fast...now go get some legit P5 talent. 

TLDR; CCS isn't developing kids once they get here or his evals are just plain bad.  Either way the portal is not a sustainable model just like heavily relying on Juco.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

TLDR; CCS isn't developing kids once they get here or his evals are just plain bad.  Either way the portal is not a sustainable model just like heavily relying on Juco.  

you can fill holes maybe but not a great solution. Macon is here for one year.

I guess we can just turnover our entire roster every year......

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Perhaps we need to invest in an extra "Portal" instead of the IPF.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I’m sure people have migrated away from mining the saturated BitCoin market. Let’s convert their server rooms in portal miners and get everyone the portal has to offer; if anyone tries to enter the portal we will convert some of our servers to ddos attackers. The portal is war and not for the faint of heart, it’s the difference between going 7-6 and going 6-7. 

18 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you can fill holes maybe but not a great solution. Macon is here for one year.

I guess we can just turnover our entire roster every year......

Then the problem will be the turn and lack of long term leadership. When you remove the possibility that the person in charge of everything could conceivably be any part of the problem it’s easy to come up with problems around every corner.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m sure people have migrated away from mining the saturated BitCoin market. Let’s convert their server rooms in portal miners and get everyone the portal has to offer; if anyone tries to enter the portal we will convert some of our servers to ddos attackers. The portal is war and not for the faint of heart, it’s the difference between going 7-6 and going 6-7. 

Please welcome our newest hire.....

image.jpeg.7309d7f69c275e26a5638ee4deeebca2.jpeg

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Ooh two portals. We will be unstoppable. 

the dark world thor GIF

• Haha 1