• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Not true.Plenty of  Quality recruits are fought over even after signing day. once those elite kids find a spot then the dominoes fall. quality guys that get left out still need a place to play

Strong and Holtz had full classes fighting middle tennessee state and akron while Leavitt and Taggart would steal a few from big time programs at the last minute once the dust settled.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.  Bookmark this an take a look across the country at how full peoples classes are after the early signing period.  There's lots of reason's to criticize CCS's recruiting but this isn't it.  For reference:

https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2019/02/07/signing-day-rule-changes-ncaa-football-high-school/

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2019/02/04/college-football-recruiting-early-signing-day/2739724002/

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/17/recruiting-national-signing-day-early-period-schedule

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2018/12/17/18143577/early-signing-period-day-date-ncaa-what-how-why

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

UCF. Two undefeated regular seasons. Chance for big bowls. Chance to play. More enthusiastic fans and coaches. 

Winning really helps. 

USF is still widening the gap academically. 

UCFs superstar freshman QB apparently had offers from Georgia and USC, but went to the same high school as Milton, and apparently that was a factor. I guess Milton helped persuade him. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Gismo said:

UCFs superstar freshman QB apparently had offers from Georgia and ISC, but went to the same high school as Milton, and apparently that was a factor. I guess Milton helped persuade him. 

Success breeds success.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

So pretty much the entire starting offense and defense. Got it. 

And the bench....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

where did I say the early period wasn't important? where did I say he shouldn't have the bulk of his class signed?

Fact is he doesn't compete to the end for quality recruits like Taggart and Leavitt. early signing period or not.

He finishes up his classes early like Holtz did. meaning he is not fighting for the quality that is left on national signing day

13 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Success breeds success.

funny Milton come on in 2016. the year after they went 0-12

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

where did I say the early period wasn't important? where did I say he shouldn't have the bulk of his class signed?

Fact is he doesn't compete to the end for quality recruits like Taggart and Leavitt. early signing period or not.

He finishes up his classes early like Holtz did. meaning he is not fighting for the quality that is left on national signing day

You didn't read the articles and all of the quotes from the recruiting analysts and coaches did you?  Whatever, just keep being wrong dude.  Have a great day! 

21 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

let me ask you is alabama fighting for kids on Feb 6th? what about clemson? or UF? Or ohio state?

of course they are

are we? of course not we get every kid we expected to.

Edited by Bull94

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

let me ask you is alabama fighting for kids on Feb 6th? what about clemson? or UF? Or ohio state?

of course they are

LMAO you clearly don't know anything about recruiting if you think those kids are relevant to USF.  Keep being wrong dude.  Coaches should totally count on making their hay in recruiting after over 85% of the talent is gone.  Totally a viable and successful way to plan your recruiting in 2019.  You're definitely the only genius who has stumbled across this foolproof plan!!! 

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

LMAO you clearly don't know anything about recruiting if you think those kids are relevant to USF.  Keep being wrong dude.  Coaches should totally count on making their hay in recruiting after over 85% of the talent is gone.  Totally a viable and successful way to plan your recruiting in 2019.  You're definitely the only genius who has stumbled across this foolproof plan!!! 

last year UCF was up for a kid on national signing day between syracuse and clemson. they didn't get him but they had a spot for him. I expect him to fill the majority of his class early. I don't expect him to have a full class 2 weeks before signing day.

I'd also like to see him battle for guys at the end just like Leavitt did and Taggart did. clearly you are ok with just bringing in quantity and getting them signed early. it didn't work well for Holtz and clearly with 2 of the worst singing classes in our history it doesn't seem to be working for strong.

Edited by Bull94