Jump to content
Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Next:  at Navy, 10/19 3:30 p.m. CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    BYU 3 13 7 0 23
    Bulls 0 7 7 13 27
               
     McCloud - 7/14, 72 yards, TD, INT; Cronkrite - 26 car, 158 yds, 2 TDs; Wilcox - 2 recs, 52 yds, TD
     
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

Player postgame comments

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm afraid that all this game was to this season was this; amanda lepore makeup GIF

I don't think we can take anything of real consequence away from this game other than McCloud is our QB and get Jonny Ford the ball.

I think it's easy to think that way after what we saw the first two games, but we have weapons on offense, and there's no denying that. Can't expect the offense to click if the QB isn't clicking. There's no doubt that with Jordan at QB, he can at least produce some momentum, as opposed to the whole system stalling with Blake at the helm. How far Jordan can take the offense against tougher opponents, remains to be seen. 

I wonder if some option plays could work in our favor. We have struggled to get the run game going, but McCloud has some legs on him, and it could get Cronk seeing more results again.  With the o-line being as undependable as it has been, it might not be a bad idea. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joiners vision is a ton better than Cronks.  It is time to ride them freshman into the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

 

I wonder if some option plays could work in our favor. We have struggled to get the run game going, but McCloud has some legs on him, and it could get Cronk seeing more results again.  With the o-line being as undependable as it has been, it might not be a bad idea. 

That or some screen plays could work. 

Yea we shall see I know it was against the second string of Wisconsin but he moved the ball vs them in his drive and vs first string of GT defense. 

He is a freshmen so he will have some growing pains.

We need the defense to really step up. 

I think we are better than what we have shown vs the first two games for sure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Joiners vision is a ton better than Cronks.  It is time to ride them freshman into the future.

Kelley Joiner had 12 carries for 64 yds against South Carolina State. Take away the 51 yard run and he was 11 carries for 13 yards.

I hope your right but nothing in that game led me to believe he's the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That or some screen plays could work. 

Anything to minimize the reliance on a chronically troubled o-line. One thing I like about the prospect of option plays, is that it's often relied on by teams that are unable to recruit offensive linemen with size to them. Our guys have put on some significant mass though, despite their often poor blocking. To minimize this, incorporate some o-line blocking principles similar to what Army does. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/film-study/2017/06/83026/film-study-armys-flexbone-offense-gives-defenses-more-to-worry-about-than-just-the-triple-option

Obviously not saying we should transition to an option team or anything like that, but we know that the offensive line seems to be a problem on an almost yearly basis. Is this just an aspect of G5 recruiting we need to come to accept and work around? The service academies know they have a recruiting disadvantage, and they make up for it with the option. If we can't get around the o-line troubles, then just minimize the impact by including more option plays in the playbook.    

Also, while on the topic, given that option teams often have significantly undersized offensive lines, are there are downsides to running the type of o-line scheme you would see in an option offense, except with players that have significant weight to them? Maybe someone with more knwoeldge could answer that for me. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viva, your summary of the O line. Is true. We have mass but concerning blocking technique , which is puzzling because we have two seniors with 4 years of experience and they are out there blocking ghosts. If you look at espn highlights from our game you will see the right guard pat the nose tackle on the asss  while the center makes a really great block. Why can’t the guard chip block him. I mean look at it and tell me what you see?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I think it's easy to think that way after what we saw the first two games, but we have weapons on offense, and there's no denying that. Can't expect the offense to click if the QB isn't clicking. There's no doubt that with Jordan at QB, he can at least produce some momentum, as opposed to the whole system stalling with Blake at the helm. How far Jordan can take the offense against tougher opponents, remains to be seen. 

I wonder if some option plays could work in our favor. We have struggled to get the run game going, but McCloud has some legs on him, and it could get Cronk seeing more results again.  With the o-line being as undependable as it has been, it might not be a bad idea. 

Can't remember any of our RBs or WRs making someone miss.  There may be 1 or 2 where it happened but can't recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Members do not see this ad, Register today


×
×
  • Create New...