• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Got to Say Thanks to the Students & Fans!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,326
  • Days Won:  43

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the student section looked crowded last night. Also the fans showed up more than what I expected and they seemed like they were into the game. I know I been bringing up many times how the place seemed like a morgue but last night felt different. Kudos to the fans and students for showing up to watch a 0-2 USF team play SC St. maybe they thought it was South Carolina ?? Lol. Anyway looks like USF is getting things right and seeing the support was awesome. Go Bulls!

• Upvote 3

Guest Jonesy Bull

It was surprised as well.....i just assumed it would be like a middle of the week Rays game crowd.

Hopefully we get a couple of wins against smu and uconn, and fill up the place for byu.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the student section looked crowded last night. Also the fans showed up more than what I expected and they seemed like they were into the game. I know I been bringing up many times how the place seemed like a morgue but last night felt different. Kudos to the fans and students for showing up to watch a 0-2 USF team play SC St. maybe they thought it was South Carolina ?? Lol. Anyway looks like USF is getting things right and seeing the support was awesome. Go Bulls!

Glad they show but it’s my understanding there were a lot a freebies

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Glad they show but it’s my understanding there were a lot a freebies

There were games in the Skip and Willie eras where you couldn't give away tickets and we'd have crowds half the size of last night. 

I was very pleasantly surprised as well. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

There were games in the Skip and Willie eras where you couldn't give away tickets and we'd have crowds half the size of last night. 

I was very pleasantly surprised as well. 

I credit that MK...he is always hustling about game attendance. We need to keep the winning going though. 

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

Saturday night is the key. If that is a day game, nobody’s there. That said, it was a really good crowd and a very pleasant surprise.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I credit that MK...he is always hustling about game attendance. We need to keep the winning going though. 

Agreed that I believe a lot of this positive attendance is from the hard work of MK and his crew. We all need to give him thanks for what he is doing at USF right now. Think the Horns Up rallies this season are a stroke of genius on his part and it has been a shame that his predecessors didn’t think of something so simple. I can probably tell you why it is the fact that MK has been making strong inroads into the Tampa Bay community about USF. Thankful to have him lead USF athletics! Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Agreed that I believe a lot of this positive attendance is from the hard work of MK and his crew. We all need to give him thanks for what he is doing at USF right now. Think the Horns Up rallies this season are a stroke of genius on his part and it has been a shame that his predecessors didn’t think of something so simple. I can probably tell you why it is the fact that MK has been making strong inroads into the Tampa Bay community about USF. Thankful to have him lead USF athletics! Go Bulls!

Did anyone show up to the rally in Clearwater on Friday night?  Pictures of the first rally were all over the internet, and I can't find pictures of Friday's rally anywhere.  Did anyone bother to show up?

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Did anyone show up to the rally in Clearwater on Friday night?  Pictures of the first rally were all over the internet, and I can't find pictures of Friday's rally anywhere.  Did anyone bother to show up?

Was able to see video posted by USFathletics Twitter account and since it was on the pier on Friday night they showed tons of peeps partying. They showed the resident street performers along with peeps getting USF face painting. Not sure how many where there for USF alone but a least they are smart enough to have these rallies at Friday night party spots which pretty much helps get the USF brand out there instead of doing nothing.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We went out there as a last minute decision.  Right about when we were arriving, a short storm hit.   They had to break everything down, but they eventually set it all back up (tents and stuff).  Very small crowd probably due to the rain, the 0-2 record, and the upcoming opponent who was a nobody.   Spoke to Michael Kelly for a few minutes.   He seems like a good guy. I liked him.  He definitely has his work cut out for him if he wants to get the typical Tampa bay casual fans to come out, but he’s definitely working on it.  Cheerleaders were there along with Rocky.  One thing that sucks about pier 60 is that it is completely dry...no one selling a beer in that general area...you have to walk to a resort or a restaurant.   Would have been nice to be able to get a beer nearby.  Glad we went and showed some support.