• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A quarter of the season in... hm101's take

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are many reasons for this. But it is a growing (pun intended) problem on the O line. They did put on weight but it’s not enough and but don’t have the speed. I don’t mind the size issue if it’s at skill positions as that has been the case for a few long time with USF. 

There’s another one coming. I saw the Battie kid we have committed from Sarasota. He is a talent, but he is a tiny kid.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are many reasons for this. But it is a growing (pun intended) problem on the O line. They did put on weight but it’s not enough and but don’t have the speed. I don’t mind the size issue if it’s at skill positions as that has been the case for a few long time with USF. 

Marcus Norman has been a huge disappointment this season.  He has been thrown around for three games now, I just can't figure out how a guy who is 6'6 315 can get manhandled the way he does.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Marcus Norman has been a huge disappointment this season.  He has been thrown around for three games now, I just can't figure out how a guy who is 6'6 315 can get manhandled the way he does.

I haven't been able to watch any film at all this year but, that's usually a sign he needs to work on his foot work and hands. If you lose your position (footing), you can over come it with good hand work and vis versa. If you're sloppy on both, you get tossed around like a rag doll.

The only other thing I could think of is timing. If you come up too slow, you're passed and out of position. If you come up to fast, you can get uprooted by a bigger opponent. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

They replaced him with Hopple (the VT transfer) at some point last night. And earlier in the week they said Hopple was pushing him. We may have a new RT moving foward.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

They replaced him with Hopple (the VT transfer) at some point last night. And earlier in the week they said Hopple was pushing him. We may have a new RT moving foward.

If Hopple is the man, then Hopple is the man, I just want someone in there that isn't going to get bowled over.  A few years ago I thought Norman may have NFL potential, but not anymore.  I am not even sure he is good enough for the CFL.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Just need to get offensive line playing at around avg level for this to be a pretty good offense. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
31 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We have so many small guys that we hardly look like a division 1 team at times when I look at the field - Ford, Joiner, Sanders, Roberts, Phillips, Horne.

I'm not sold on the whole "bigger is better" thing anyway. Seeing Ford, Joiner, Horne, and Sanders (the ones I remember) last night, I'll take their speed & agility all day over having a few more inches/pounds on their frame.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

This...he has taken a few steps back...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Yeah I mentioned this in the game thread. Last year there was NFL talk about him. It’s unreal how much he has fallen off. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:
37 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Yeah I mentioned this in the game thread. Last year there was NFL talk about him. It’s unreal how much he has fallen off. 

Sometimes kids just need to get pulled to wake them up to reality (don't just get things). Maybe this is just what he needed, or maybe he was just overrated?