• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Jordan McCloud is USF football

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

10 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Is that the best first start for a QB in USF history?

Redshirt freshman QB Jordan McCloud made his first career start and became the 17th starting quarterback in USF history. McCloud is USF’s third starting QB in school history from Hillsborough County, joining Bobby Eveld (Tampa) and Chris Oladokun (Tampa).

McCloud is the 10 th USF quarterback to win his first career start. The Bulls’ 39-point win (55-16) marked the fourth largest margin of victory in a first career start and the largest since Brian Fisher led the Bulls to a 55-7 victory over Charleston Southern in 2003.

McCloud accounted for five touchdowns (three passing, two rushing) in the second-best scoring debut by a USF freshman. QB Marquel Blackwell accounted for six touchdowns (three rushing, three passing) against Southern Utah in 2001.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

3 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Think many forget about Marquel Blackwell which he may be had one of the best accurate arm in USF history. If Jordan turns out like MB then we are gonna be one of hell of a team very soon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Redshirt freshman QB Jordan McCloud made his first career start and became the 17th starting quarterback in USF history. McCloud is USF’s third starting QB in school history from Hillsborough County, joining Bobby Eveld (Tampa) and Chris Oladokun (Tampa).

McCloud is the 10 th USF quarterback to win his first career start. The Bulls’ 39-point win (55-16) marked the fourth largest margin of victory in a first career start and the largest since Brian Fisher led the Bulls to a 55-7 victory over Charleston Southern in 2003.

McCloud accounted for five touchdowns (three passing, two rushing) in the second-best scoring debut by a USF freshman. QB Marquel Blackwell accounted for six touchdowns (three rushing, three passing) against Southern Utah in 2001.

Are we sure that's correct...the game against Southern Utah was his 6th or 7th start of his Junior season in 01?  Am I missing something here?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Are we sure that's correct...the game against Southern Utah was his 6th or 7th start of his Junior season in 01?  Am I missing something here?

Yeah McCloud had best freshmen debut but Blackwell had most tds by qb

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, BrowardBull17 said:

What happened to Marcus Norman? I thought he was pretty good. Hes been awful through 3 games. 

He was awful last year also. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,855
  • Days Won:  33

The pass McCloud threw to McDoom was just perfect. 

The next 4 seasons should be very exciting watching what McCloud can do. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Every time I see @John Lewis post it brings a smile to my face. He is not only a hard worker for USF, but just as much of a fan as the rest of us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

What will be tough for Jordan besides the poor OL play will be that teams will have more film to be able to find his weaknesses. They are going to make him stay in the pocket and see if his arm is accurate enough for the whole game. What I saw last night is his passes have more touch than QF even had. He can’t run as well as QF but don’t think many other QBs had the ability of QF. I think Jordan has the arm but you can see he was a little off on some passes last night with over throws which I just think these are freshman jitters that can be corrected in time. Think many forget about Marquel Blackwell which he may be had one of the best accurate arm in USF history. If Jordan turns out like MB then we are gonna be one of hell of a team very soon

I still remember those deep throws down the sideline to Rubin.  That guy could fly.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I still remember those deep throws down the sideline to Rubin.  That guy could fly.

Just waiting to see McCloud and Horne build some chemistry.  If Horne is out front nobody is catching him.