• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jordan McCloud is USF football

Guest Jonesy Bull

Agree the OL is below average.  They have to be much better against conference competition (save Uconn), or its going to be a rough year.

I like McLeod.  He will take some lumps being a freshman but he will make plays too.  Its a good year for him to get the experience.  Its very doubtful this team will win a championship this year anyway.  Unfortunately we are a couple years away from competing with the top teams in AAC......I just want improvement week by week. 

Defense does look better.  Gave up some chunks of yards but made plays in the red zone which was good to see.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

11 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

So my daughter’s AAU squad is playing a team tonight who they will destroy.  The 9, 10 and 11 kids will look like world beaters.

McCloud played a solid game vs South Carolina Nobody.  To bestow upon him the next QF and the savior of USF football is ridiculous.  

Don’t think we are saying all that yet lol. We all know that USF’s offense is a work in progress. Think the big point you are missing is the Kerwin Bell has a good track record to scoring points and don’t forget the QF didn’t have the luxury of a good OC his senior season. I feel confident and good now about USF getting stronger as the season moves forward with Kerwin Bell calling the offense. Right now it is all about finding the players that fit into his system and I think Jordan gets it. This was not just one game. It was the limited playing time against Wisconsin and GT that he seemed to have the offense moving. He is the best thing for this poor blocking performing offense right now. What usually happens when a mobile QB buys time is that it starts making the blockers feel better and more confident. Don’t be surprised if the OL plays their best during second half of the season 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I just can't wait for the time we're actually there. We always seem to be a "Couple years away form a championship".

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Is that the best first start for a QB in USF history?

Might be...the team has a future to build on...

Edited by DJBulls

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Don’t think we are saying all that yet lol. We all know that USF’s offense is a work in progress. Think the big point you are missing is the Kerwin Bell has a good track record to scoring points and don’t forget the QF didn’t have the luxury of a good OC his senior season. I feel confident and good now about USF getting stronger as the season moves forward with Kerwin Bell calling the offense. Right now it is all about finding the players that fit into his system and I think Jordan gets it. This was not just one game. It was the limited playing time against Wisconsin and GT that he seemed to have the offense moving. He is the best thing for this poor blocking performing offense right now. What usually happens when a mobile QB buys time is that it starts making the blockers feel better and more confident. Don’t be surprised if the OL plays their best during second half of the season 

But can we improve enough to beat the memphis, Cincy,and ucfs of the world?  Doubtful.  I just dont feel like we have quute enough talent.

This is kind of a transition year.  I do still have faith in KB.  And i agree i think we see improvement as season goes on.  But still feels shaky ro me with CCS in charge.

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

****, can't even post about the quality effort by our Freshman QB in his first start without the self pity & negativity.

yeah the OLine needs A LOT of work & yeah it was SC State, but this kid will be our QB for 3 3/4 more seasons. assuming everything else on this team is going to look identical to what it has in these first 3 games of 2019 isn't realistic.

things will change. Having a QB who can make those plays will definitely help that progression.

The fans on this board are a freggin joke sometimes...things are rarely stagnant in college football...they are probably going to improve as the season goes on...I don't care who the opponent is...IT IS RARE FOR A QB TO TOTAL 5 TDS...albeit one in his first start.. good lord man...

• Upvote 1

For the fans that are upset...be lucky BB didnt start...the score last night would have been close and quite frankly I'm not sure they would have won the game...there would be your meltdown...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Might be...the team has a future to build on...

Best start was Chad Barnhart against Kentucky Weslylan lol. USF won 80 to 3 and believe he had like 8 TDS lol

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

5 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I’m with you.  My point is watching the game phases is important and the O line would be graded a D vs a nobody team.

Atterbury is God awful and Norman was pulled for poor performance.  Wilcox has been non existent with exception of his two balls last night.  

I’m a KB fan but the offense lives and dies by line play.  Nice to win last night, but the level of competition was much how Wisconsin views us, nobody.

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Best start was Chad Barnhart against Kentucky Weslylan lol. USF won 80 to 3 and believe he had like 8 TDS lol

He threw 10 TDs that entire season...and he wasn't a freshman...get outta here with that nonsense 

Edited by DJBulls
  • Haha 1