• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jordan McCloud is USF football

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Or he could do what a good beat reporter would do and write a story about the new starting QB for the program he covers and the journey the kid took to get there.... That would require effort and creativity so here we are....   

He's been the new starter for less than a week and maybe JK learned of his not being a serious qb until his junior year in his research of such an article .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hard not to when it's clear he hates his job and the vast majority of his content is low hanging fruit/low effort stories that are a step above a google alert.  

I am still a supporter. He is not tied to USF as his assignments are varied to other teams. Thus, you will not see breaking news from him...instead they will be short stories with a human slant. As I’ve always said once he is gone coverage will be even worse than it is now. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

He's been the new starter for less than a week and maybe JK learned of his not being a serious qb until his junior year in his research of such an article .....

I hope so but a story like that isn't exactly a deep dive.  Call his former coach at Sickles, Weiner at plant, and McCloud if CCS allows it 

It's obviously the first story he should write after the game write up 

Edited by Bull Dozer

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am still a supporter. He is not tied to USF as his assignments are varied to other teams. Thus, you will not see breaking news from him...instead they will be short stories with a human slant. As I’ve always said once he is gone coverage will be even worse than it is now. 

Or maybe they find a young hungry writer that wants to bust their ass so they can get a better gig elsewhere....   Joey is the retread hire of beat writers, we need a young and hungry writer 😉

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I hope so but a story like that isn't exactly a deep dive.  Call his former coach at Sickles, Weiner at plant, and McCloud if CCS allows it 

It's obviously the first story he should write after the game write up 

Although it's a nice, local story this wasn't BJ beating FSU so, especially with a bye week, not really getting the urgency in the writing of that story ....

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although it's a nice, local story this wasn't BJ beating FSU so, especially with a bye week, not really getting the urgency in the writing of that story ....

It's good content and the fact that it's a bye week makes it the perfect opportunity since there are no game previews etc.   It's a natural progression after the post game stories.   "What is a way to engage my customers without the built in content around an up coming game?"  Profiling the new starter at the most important position on the field, who is a local product, and allegedly has only been playing in that spot for 4 years is a home run and honestly not that hard to do.   

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

It's good content and the fact that it's a bye week makes it the perfect opportunity since there are no game previews etc.   It's a natural progression after the post game stories.   "What is a way to engage my customers without the built in content around an up coming game?"  Profiling the new starter at the most important position on the field, who is a local product, and allegedly has only been playing in that spot for 4 years is a home run and honestly not that hard to do.   

I agree. It's a good story ...... and the next game is 10 days away.

Just now, Triple B said:

I agree. It's a good story ...... and the next game is 10 days away.

Even more of a reason to write it.  Keeping your customer engaged is best practices for his industry.  It's why good beat writers, bloggers, podcasters etc all release their content like clock work.  You know when and where to look which is more important than ever because there is more competition than ever for peoples eyes and ears....    

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Even more of a reason to write it.  Keeping your customer engaged is best practices for his industry.  It's why good beat writers, bloggers, podcasters etc all release their content like clock work.  You know when and where to look which is more important than ever because there is more competition than ever for peoples eyes and ears....    

Sorry, Coach, I gotta use it ..........

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sorry, Coach, I gotta use it ..........

spacer.png

Some are ok with people being bad at their jobs others aren't.  Different strokes for different folks