• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So I open the local paper...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Perhaps he could have written an article about how we were once McNeesed and how if we should lose today that it could reopen some very deep wounds. Or, he could have written about how CCS is on a hot seat and how that a loss today could be the impetus by which CCS drops from the Coaching ranks all together. I mean these are real probabilities and factual which is why they probably aren't in a Newspaper.

If you check his twitter feed, he has a link to an article earlier in the week about Strong being on the hot seat and a know-your-foe article about South Carolina St.  Not sure what else can be said about us until we win.  He could pile on the negatives, but then more people would complain.  He could have done another attendance article. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If you check his twitter feed, he has a link to an article earlier in the week about Strong being on the hot seat and a know-your-foe article about South Carolina St.  Not sure what else can be said about us until we win.  He could pile on the negatives, but then more people would complain.  He could have done another attendance article. 

Hey, I didn't bring up the subject or even state I wanted him to write about us.. I just stated he could have written more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

While because we are the home team I can understand the frustration of no real pub for a home game, but in the overall scheme of things, we got the attention we deserved on that Gameday page. If the Kanigits were playing SCSU and us playing Stanford, the coverage would have been different. FSU playing their first conf game (UVA) only got a few more lines and the Canes (BCU) got one line.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

and look for my Bulls in the sports page.  Yes, I still get the local rag on weekends.  Today on the college football page, there are 4 paragraphs about UCF (all positive about a player profile and their 3 quarterback rotation) and 1 paragraph about USF (negative about team record scoring only 10 points in back to back games).  All Matt Baker, Joey nowhere to be found.  This from my and USF's hometown paper giving more coverage to the Orlando hometown team.

GO BULLS!

Why post about it here?  Joey is very receptive.  Send him an email re your concerns and talk thru it with him.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

How was the coverage for week 1? People are getting really tired of USF doing this to them every year.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’m done complaining about local coverage cause we suck and outside of a handful of us on this board no one gives a crap about this program.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

32 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Why post about it here?  Joey is very receptive.  Send him an email re your concerns and talk thru it with him.  

Why reply here? Just IM @79 Bull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Why reply here? Just IM @79 Bull

Right on point.  You never disappoint.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Hopefully they holding out for tomorrow to report on a Bulls victory!!!!

You were correct sir.  Full page coverage today, mostly positive and no actual attendance figures!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So we are happy when the coverage is only positive and they don’t report on the lie that is our attendance...👍