• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So I open the local paper...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Perhaps he could have written an article about how we were once McNeesed and how if we should lose today that it could reopen some very deep wounds. Or, he could have written about how CCS is on a hot seat and how that a loss today could be the impetus by which CCS drops from the Coaching ranks all together. I mean these are real probabilities and factual which is why they probably aren't in a Newspaper.

He wrote about CCS on the hotseat on Wednesday.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Baynews 9 just had a few segments on the game. They said if we struggle or lose their is a strong potential a coaching change occurs during the bye week

Well hey that would be exciting.  Maybe they can start the dynamic QB and start building for the future.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, USFRaider said:

He wrote about CCS on the hotseat on Wednesday.

My point was that he could have utilized a previous devastating loss to an FCS team to write a current article but chose not too. I'm not saying I blame him for not doing so, I just stated he could have. I also mentioned that the previous game wasn't written about in any article while referring to this current team and it's game with an FCS opponent. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

47 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

My point was that he could have utilized a previous devastating loss to an FCS team to write a current article but chose not too. I'm not saying I blame him for not doing so, I just stated he could have. I also mentioned that the previous game wasn't written about in any article while referring to this current team and it's game with an FCS opponent. 

And that’s an article you’d have paid to read?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

Hopefully they holding out for tomorrow to report on a Bulls victory!!!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Here is what we know -

Everyone in Central Florida wants UCF to move up

Everyone wants UCF to make the college playoffs

UCF UCF UCF UCF

Why do we deserve ANY coverage whatsoever? What is there to report on? That we are the first college team in history to go 7-0, then 0-6? That we've lost 8 games straight? That we averaged 30+ points a game when we have Taggart / Flowers and now in our 2019 season we average 5 points per game? 

As someone who attended the first ever USF game in 1997, I wouldn't waste a drop of ink on our program either. It's all going to be negative at this point, and do more harm than good. Let's finish up with hopefully a .500 season, then write something about us. Other than that, I don't want to read it. Nothing to report

Edited by MikePhillips

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

It's already embarrassing enough that a home game against S.C. State is considered a "big game" by Joey.  Please, don't publicize it.  Ignore us until we get better.  The only intent would be to kill off any remaining interest.  No coverage is better than any at this point.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

10 minutes ago, MikePhillips said:

Everyone in Central Florida wants UCF to move up

Everyone wants UCF to make the college playoffs

UCF UCF UCF UCF

They are achieving everything we were supposed to.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

and look for my Bulls in the sports page.  Yes, I still get the local rag on weekends.  Today on the college football page, there are 4 paragraphs about UCF (all positive about a player profile and their 3 quarterback rotation) and 1 paragraph about USF (negative about team record scoring only 10 points in back to back games).  All Matt Baker, Joey nowhere to be found.  This from my and USF's hometown paper giving more coverage to the Orlando hometown team.

GO BULLS!

But then..".No News Is Good News"

Better than getting trashed or being referred to as..."Awful" 

I'll take it until we do something that deserves a positive news article...I think we've been fluffed all they can so now it's time for USF to do something positive.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

34 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

They are achieving everything we were supposed to.  

Sometimes in life the bad guys win.  That is how I look at it.

• Upvote 1