Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  at Navy, 10/19 3:30 p.m. CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    BYU 3 13 7 0 23
    Bulls 0 7 7 13 27

McCloud - 7/14, 72 yards, TD, INT; Cronkrite - 26 car, 158 yds, 2 TDs; Wilcox - 2 recs, 52 yds, TD

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
79 Bull

So I open the local paper...

and look for my Bulls in the sports page.  Yes, I still get the local rag on weekends.  Today on the college football page, there are 4 paragraphs about UCF (all positive about a player profile and their 3 quarterback rotation) and 1 paragraph about USF (negative about team record scoring only 10 points in back to back games).  All Matt Baker, Joey nowhere to be found.  This from my and USF's hometown paper giving more coverage to the Orlando hometown team.

GO BULLS!

In the TBT's defense, there really isn't much positive to write about with our football team.  And the writers don't get access to practices.  Not sure what they can do.  But I just got done reading the page you are talking about.

• Upvote 1

The TBT still exists? 

john cena mind blown GIF

• Haha 4

If TBT could come up with 4 paragraphs about our team that are worth reading, they’d get a Pulitzer.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

What are they supposed to write?

8 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

What are they supposed to write?

This.  Joey already wrote an article earlier in the week how this is a must-win game for USF.  What else is there to be written about a very boring game against a very boring FCS opponent?

13 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

This.  Joey already wrote an article earlier in the week how this is a must-win game for USF.  What else is there to be written about a very boring game against a very boring FCS opponent?

Perhaps he could have written an article about how we were once McNeesed and how if we should lose today that it could reopen some very deep wounds. Or, he could have written about how CCS is on a hot seat and how that a loss today could be the impetus by which CCS drops from the Coaching ranks all together. I mean these are real probabilities and factual which is why they probably aren't in a Newspaper.

Edited by Azmodi

No excuse, really. It's local, do your job and find something to encourage or appeal to your audience about the local team. Involve yourself in the Bulls community. You can't go to practice? Go interview some staff, the fans, the players (if CCS allows). Just no excuse, I'd subscribe to TBT like I'd take a pleasure cruise to Yemen.

• Upvote 1

Baynews 9 just had a few segments on the game. They said if we struggle or lose their is a strong potential a coaching change occurs during the bye week

Problem is, the audience is too small. I think USF has demonstrated over the past decade that there are only 20000 or so people in the market that care enough about the program. The expense of the coverage isn’t justified.