Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  at Navy, 10/19 3:30 p.m. CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    BYU 3 13 7 0 23
    Bulls 0 7 7 13 27

McCloud - 7/14, 72 yards, TD, INT; Cronkrite - 26 car, 158 yds, 2 TDs; Wilcox - 2 recs, 52 yds, TD

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs. S.C. State

7 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Strong does not have a killer instinct. This is a fact.

This is true, I've heard he's a Street Fighter guy. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

This is true, I've heard he's a Street Fighter guy. 

image.png.99c4ffcbb2cffc17842b4f9a29b0e1dd.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Stats I saw said 5.5 per carry, holding them to 2.1 ..... and I guess it's all about how you want to look at things. We didn't really have to drive the ball that much on them. After the first two negative drives shaking off JM's first start jitters, there were 11 drives with Jordan under center and we scored on 8 of them. I realize that 11/11 would have been optimal but still ..... but I do agree that we won't really know much until SMU but just pointing out that, as usual, you can look at a game and glean what you want to from it.

You are correct.  Fuzzy math on my part.  But that last drive still contributed mightily to those numbers.  8 carries for 89 yards.  Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and we run it for 200+ against SMU.

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are correct.  Fuzzy math on my part.  But that last drive still contributed mightily to those numbers.  8 carries for 89 yards.  Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and we run it for 200+ against SMU.

I just hope we win ...

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I just hope we win ...

Amen to that brother.

Doesnt have to be pretty, just get'er done somehow!

Winnable game and loseable game equally imo.

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We played SC State. We had one sustained drive against them that I remember.  We have no idea if we've improved until we play SMU.  We averaged about 4 yds per carry. We had 2 drives of 75+, 1 other over 50.  It's better than losing but not sure how much we improved.  They drove the ball on us more than we did on them.  Fortunately they turned it over a bunch.  

My thoughts precisely. While it was nice to have a victory with lots of points and turnovers, we cannot assume this means we have fixed our issues. SMU and the rest of the AAC schedule will be much stronger competition. If anything-- this gave our players a chance to remember how to win a game, make big plays, and enjoy themselves while doing so. As much as some folks despise starting out a season against an FCS opponent, not doing so has an impact as well. Having that "cupcake" game can expose problems, knock off the rust without risking an early loss, and in general get the team some positive inertia. Playing our toughest team first has the opposite effect unless we are firing on all cylinders.

You can feast on that cupcake but we should look at it for what it is and be aware of areas of weakness.

• Upvote 2

I thought the game ended three days ago...

10 hours ago, MikeG said:

My thoughts precisely. While it was nice to have a victory with lots of points and turnovers, we cannot assume this means we have fixed our issues. SMU and the rest of the AAC schedule will be much stronger competition. If anything-- this gave our players a chance to remember how to win a game, make big plays, and enjoy themselves while doing so. As much as some folks despise starting out a season against an FCS opponent, not doing so has an impact as well. Having that "cupcake" game can expose problems, knock off the rust without risking an early loss, and in general get the team some positive inertia. Playing our toughest team first has the opposite effect unless we are firing on all cylinders.

You can feast on that cupcake but we should look at it for what it is and be aware of areas of weakness.

Well said Mike.   This is especially important for a team that was in the middle of an 8 game losing streak. Some people forget these are young men and not emotionless robots.   

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I thought the game ended three days ago...

But analysis hasn't 

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

But analysis hasn't 

Unfortunately....