• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Have a Dream

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

A lot of negativity has been floating around this board the last few weeks, and rightly so. I was painting the other day, and thought to myself "Wow, watching this paint dry is actually more interesting than USF's offense has been for 7 out of the 8 quarters this year".  HOWEVER, the season is young. We have an uphill climb ahead of us, but I am being drawn back to 2015 when we were 1-3 four games into the season under CWT. There were cries for his termination ringing loud and clear and then what happened? One little offensive tweak (letting QF be QF) and we ended up winning 7 of our last 9, knocking off #21 Temple in the process. The two losses so far this year, as difficult as they were to watch, were against non-conference teams. Our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was last year thanks to increased size, improved tackling, and a few veteran transfers (Macon, Studstill, Sails, etc.). I feel that our Offense is almost there as well. Just a few tweaks (possibly including starting McCloud over Barnett), and the offense could start clicking. All of our realistic goals are still in front of us.

So as the title states, I have a dream. I dream that we somehow right the ship against an inferior FCS squad and win big (2 touchdowns because we all know CCS won't run the score up). I dream that we go into conference play with a new found confidence and beat SMU. I believe play competitively against a BYU team who will probably beat us, but still doesn't affect us in the conference. I believe the guys come back from that loss with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove, and we make a run at the division and go into the mickey mouse community college game November 29th with a division title on the line. Will we make any kind of splash on a national level? Definitely not. But we can still accomplish something USF has never done, win our division and make it to the conference championship.  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

38 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

A lot of negativity has been floating around this board the last few weeks, and rightly so. I was painting the other day, and thought to myself "Wow, watching this paint dry is actually more interesting than USF's offense has been for 7 out of the 8 quarters this year".  HOWEVER, the season is young. We have an uphill climb ahead of us, but I am being drawn back to 2015 when we were 1-3 four games into the season under CWT. There were cries for his termination ringing loud and clear and then what happened? One little offensive tweak (letting QF be QF) and we ended up winning 7 of our last 9, knocking off #21 Temple in the process. The two losses so far this year, as difficult as they were to watch, were against non-conference teams. Our defense is leaps and bounds better than it was last year thanks to increased size, improved tackling, and a few veteran transfers (Macon, Studstill, Sails, etc.). I feel that our Offense is almost there as well. Just a few tweaks (possibly including starting McCloud over Barnett), and the offense could start clicking. All of our realistic goals are still in front of us.

So as the title states, I have a dream. I dream that we somehow right the ship against an inferior FCS squad and win big (2 touchdowns because we all know CCS won't run the score up). I dream that we go into conference play with a new found confidence and beat SMU. I believe play competitively against a BYU team who will probably beat us, but still doesn't affect us in the conference. I believe the guys come back from that loss with a chip on their shoulder with something to prove, and we make a run at the division and go into the mickey mouse community college game November 29th with a division title on the line. Will we make any kind of splash on a national level? Definitely not. But we can still accomplish something USF has never done, win our division and make it to the conference championship.  

Not quite as moving as MLK's version but not bad for an Accountant.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

42 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

You should dream bigger; if MLk dreamt like this there never would have been a civil rights movement. This sounds like a dream to be the best at being segregated.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

I feel the same way...with some changes on offense I think this team could be pretty decent.

Now it's in the coaches hands to make the changes...we shall see if they can.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,248
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I feel the same way...with some changes on offense I think this team could be pretty decent.

Now it's in the coaches hands to make the changes...we shall see if they can.

CCS could surprise, but from what I have seen it is very unlikely to happen. I will still be there supporting the BULLS on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

32 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The game that where things turned around.,...

We need a game like that bad. To stop the sinking ship. Figure out what McCloud is best at and build an offense around him. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

I have a dream, that USF football remains consistently competitive year after year, and that we don't have to go through the cycle of total rebuilds and declines every 4 years. A dream where we can always look at the football program and feel a sense of pride at where things stand, and that each and every year can mean a chance of winning the conference and going to a NY6 game. A dream where we can look forward to big out of conference games with real enthusiasm and a chance of winning, instead of getting blown out like a pay-day FCS team. A dream where our continued success gets us sustained attention on the national stage, leading to the development of the reputation of being a program that year in and year out, serves as a real competitor. 

I dream of being able to proudly support that kind of football program, because I know we are capable of being exactly that.  

Edited by Vivadiscordia
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

13 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I also have a dream that we receive our bullspen shirt, win a conference championship, play in a meaningful bowl but like many of our dreams they are just that and we are forced to live in the reality we suck and this team gives 2 shats about any of this. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Friscobull said:

I also have a dream that we receive our bullspen shirt, win a conference championship, play in a meaningful bowl but like many of our dreams they are just that and we are forced to live in the reality we suck and this team gives 2 shats about any of this. 

Why didn't you dream for excellence?