• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, puc86 said:

I too refused to be hoodwinked. Every couple of years someone is going to create a strong offensive line, run power football or convert us to a pro style; I am going to wait for the first person to be successful at it before I actually believe anyone is going to accomplish it. 

Yup Spread or Air Raid and that's it.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Yup Spread or Air Raid and that's it.  

Spread is a very broad term, I would need to hear specifics before I could consider it a recipe for success (but yes there are spreads that have the best opportunity for success but others that will make us look like our current offense). 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

That dog poop we have been seeing for 7 quarters can't be what Bell wants. We are placing offensive football back to before the stone age. 

Snap the ball and see how fast a bag of concrete can run for it's life...that is what the last 7 quarters were before McCloud came in...

• Haha 4

Just now, puc86 said:

Spread is a very broad term, I would need to hear specifics before I could consider it a recipe for success (but yes there are spreads that have the best opportunity for success but others that will make us look like our current offense). 

As long as it's not a power spread ala Auburn we'll be ok.  Zone blocking in the running game  is a must IMO and I think we could really do something with an air raid offense because of how quick the ball gets out and OL are athletic and on most plays their job is just to not have a jail break.  While it's pass heavy it doesn't require a fantastic line.  

2 minutes ago, bullsonparade said:

Snap the ball and see how fast a bag of concrete can run for it's life...that is what the last 7 quarters were before McCloud came in...

I shouldn't be laughing at that buuuuuut.....   

Image result for laughing gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

As long as it's not a power spread ala Auburn we'll be ok.  Zone blocking in the running game  is a must IMO and I think we could really do something with an air raid offense because of how quick the ball gets out and OL are athletic and on most plays their job is just to not have a jail break.  While it's pass heavy it doesn't require a fantastic line.  

Maybe we can use our new academic prowess to start a new 7 on 7 league and abandon the line all together, I know it sounds like pipe dream but it is more realistic than the people that go around dreaming of the new powerful line year after year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,251
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

If bell believes the offense is supposed to resemble what we’ve seen when Blake runs then he shouldn’t be the oc here and it’s another bad hire by Charlie 

I really can't say Charlie has hired one good person. We have gotten considerably worse for three straight seasons.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

21 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Not I, sir.  I was warning people about the tackles all summer/post spring but certain "insiders" repeatedly shouted me down.   

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I too refused to be hoodwinked. Every couple of years someone is going to create a strong offensive line, run power football or convert us to a pro style; I am going to wait for the first person to be successful at it before I actually believe anyone is going to accomplish it. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,251
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe we can use our new academic prowess to start a new 7 on 7 league and abandon the line all together, I know it sounds like pipe dream but it is more realistic than the people that go around dreaming of the new powerful line year after year.

If you keep telling yourself it is a strength it will come a strength. ( Shakes head using Power6 Logic)

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

If you keep telling yourself it is a strength it will come a strength. ( Shakes head using Power6 Logic)

I'm going to be insufferable tomorrow because all I'm going to talk about is getting good offensive tackles at USF.  I feel bad for my coworkers but somebody has to speak this into existence.