• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Personnel Issues Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Almost doesn’t matter if we can’t run the ball, does it?  No push up front at all and for me the false start at the one yard line was a killer.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, Fastmullet83 said:

Almost doesn’t matter if we can’t run the ball, does it?  No push up front at all and for me the false start at the one yard line was a killer.

Amazing how our run game has died. KB has said that the pass sets up the run game in his offense...actually they may have been the problem...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazing how our run game has died. KB has said that the pass sets up the run game in his offense...actually they may have been the problem...

Yeah it is considering outside when McCloud was in at QB there was no passing plays being made.  

It isn't close at all this offense actually looks like it could work with McCloud.  If Blake starts vs SC State these coaches dont care to win.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Our receivers got no separation in the first half. A little better in the second half. 

I disagree with this. Several times, receivers were wide open and BB didn't get the ball to them. Wilcox had a first down one time if BB delivers the ball and lets him do something after the catch. A lot of the completions BB had were minimal gains because the ball was delivered late. I agree that often times, the primary target didn't get separation, but, other guys were open. BB just chose to either throw into double/triple coverage or panic instead of looking for a different guy to throw to. The receiver not being open is more a function of BB not being able to go through progressions than actual WR issues.

I think we have good play makers in Cronk, Wilcox, Ford, St. Felix... it's rare to have much more than that, but, the other WRs played better this week than last.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I disagree with this. Several times, receivers were wide open and BB didn't get the ball to them. Wilcox had a first down one time if BB delivers the ball and lets him do something after the catch. A lot of the completions BB had were minimal gains because the ball was delivered late. I agree that often times, the primary target didn't get separation, but, other guys were open. BB just chose to either throw into double/triple coverage or panic instead of looking for a different guy to throw to. The receiver not being open is more a function of BB not being able to go through progressions than actual WR issues.

I think we have good play makers in Cronk, Wilcox, Ford, St. Felix... it's rare to have much more than that, but, the other WRs played better this week than last.

Agree to disagree. I saw little separation as this was the strength of GT d game. There may have been some instances though

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Through the last 10 games on O Wilcox has been the most disappointing player.  All the skills in the world and can’t create space from LBs to get open.  The OL of which he is a part is downright awful.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah it is considering outside when McCloud was in at QB there was no passing plays being made.  

It isn't close at all this offense actually looks like it could work with McCloud.  If Blake starts vs SC State these coaches dont care to win.

With the praise KB was giving McCloud over the summer I think that Jordan is his guy but Chuck made him start Blake. This offense was made for McCloud. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I’m mean it’s just our identity to have a mobile quarterback. Like an offensive scheme

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, 206BULL said:

With the praise KB was giving McCloud over the summer I think that Jordan is his guy but Chuck made him start Blake. This offense was made for McCloud. 

But consider the walk the walk on qbs he took in with Debiase and kryzgiol who are pro style qbs. I am not sure what kB is looking for then 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Possible....Id like Strong to have absolutely nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball.

Should have been worried when the summer reports were Blake has total control of the QB position..after a 6 game slide.