• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Personnel Issues Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I feel there is a lack of talent and playmakers this year. I am wondering if we are hurting somewhat on offense due to some of the experienced guys that were dismissed.

I am not saying that the guys may have been a cancer in the locker room. They probably deserved to be dismissed.  My point or question is would having Duran Bell or Elijah Mack as back ups at RB. Or having Salomon's size on the outside make a difference. 

Besides St Felix do we have a receiver over 6'?  I am not seeing any playmakers or speed on this team as we have had in years past. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

Where’s this McDoom we heard so much about?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Looks to me like those guys that were the supposed cancer were guys that could tell the coaches were soft. I'd be frustrated if I went from Willie's staff to last year or this year. I am as a fan.

IMO, Low key coaches generally seem like they have undisciplined teams.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I feel there is a lack of talent and playmakers this year. I am wondering if we are hurting somewhat on offense due to some of the experienced guys that were dismissed.

I am not saying that the guys may have been a cancer in the locker room. They probably deserved to be dismissed.  My point or question is would having Duran Bell or Elijah Mack as back ups at RB. Or having Salomon's size on the outside make a difference. 

Besides St Felix do we have a receiver over 6'?  I am not seeing any playmakers or speed on this team as we have had in years past. 

Our receivers got no separation in the first half. A little better in the second half. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The offense looked dare I say, competent when McCloud was in. That's the first time it's looked that way in a while. Blake was missing wide open guys last week and this week. The plays are there are to be made and we saw some of that from McCloud the first two weeks. Hopefully the coaches give him the keys and we can see what we really have. He looks far more comfortable than Barnett out there 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

The offense looked dare I say, competent when McCloud was in. That's the first time it's looked that way in a while. Blake was missing wide open guys last week and this week. The plays are there are to be made and we saw some of that from McCloud the first two weeks. Hopefully the coaches give him the keys and we can see what we really have. He looks far more comfortable than Barnett out there 

McCloud just looks so much more smother in everything he does. Calm in the pocket too. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

McCloud just looks so much more smother in everything he does. Calm in the pocket too. 

Yeah he doesn't see ghosts like Blake and get happy feet. Because he stays in a good throwing position he's been getting the ball out on time while Blake's feet are a mess and he's constantly late getting the ball out or is in the process of  bailing for no reason and not seeing throws.

McCloud has at least shown the ability to go through the progressions and he's an actual threat to hurt teams on the run consistently. I'm not saying the kid is the second coming but there's more to like to his game in those offense right now. Time to see what we have 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The whole team seemed to play better when McCloud was in there

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So basically our offense looked the best since Flowers left?  I see a pattern

• Upvote 1