• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF, TSA, TPD to Fans: Stay off the field...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I would agree with this sentiment... with the exception that if people try to fight arrest, they deserve some physical reaction (tasers would be extreme in most circumstances)

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like resisting arrest was the problem. From the words of the security guards themselves they went out there to "make a point" In other words, they tazered and beat those who were first NOT those that resisted arrest. Also, if the students are telling the truth (which I'm inclined to believe based on the comments of past games) that they were told they could rush and to stay away from the posts then I even take it further to say they were no longer breaking a law. Yes, going on the field is tresspassing, however if authority said it's ok then the rule has changed no matter how many signs or guards there are.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The students likely are telling the truth because two TSA guards in my section told people that if they are going to jump... go to the middle of the aisle to do it so that we dont' get in trouble for letting you jump.

I was standing right next to the two guards when they told the guy this.  The guy and his friend did as they said and were able to run on the field without incident.