• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF, TSA, TPD to Fans: Stay off the field...

Guest bullman33

that mickie guy has always appeared to be a jerk with his bs remarks.  He sounds like malcoms do boy.

I have recently placed signs on my lawn to keep the high school kids from walking across it on the way to the bus stop.  Since my lawn has uneven areas and there are also fire ants, it wouldnt be safe for them to walk across it.  The sign clearly states that and if I catch them again, it appears I have the right to tackle them, smash their heads into the ground, handcuff them and maybe even zap them with my stun gun if they give me any lip.  OK so that was all made up, but just shows how assinine (sp?) the tsa's reasoning is.  

I also never saw anyone going for the goalposts, and of course no one is going to file abuse charges against the pd, very few people ever do.  

I would also be surprised if anyone really broke their ankle, or leg, which is what he said initially.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

Here's story on oracle online without picture and it has picture on newspaper..

http://www.usforacle.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/10/05/4343bbfbf0ce6

TSA_unnecessary_roughness.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

This is a load of BS. USF already has problems supporting well-funded classrooms and course options as opposed to faculty-based research, supporting Greek Life, and taking student-centered initiatives across many boards - Athletics is already full of it in most circumstances, and when you take away important spirit-enhancing activities such as rushing the field after a top-10 defeat, I'm starting to wonder where our priorities are. But I guess I didn't need to - they aren't often with students to being with....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I would assume that there really aren't that many places that allow you to go onto the field.

We are one of only a handful of stadiums that actively attempt to prohibit fans from rushing the field and, by my estimation, the only one that would taser and beat students who attempted to rush the field.

Fans rush the field at stadiums around the country and have for a hundred years.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

that mickie guy has always appeared to be a jerk with his bs remarks.  He sounds like malcoms do boy.

I have recently placed signs on my lawn to keep the high school kids from walking across it on the way to the bus stop.  Since my lawn has uneven areas and there are also fire ants, it wouldnt be safe for them to walk across it.  The sign clearly states that and if I catch them again, it appears I have the right to tackle them, smash their heads into the ground, handcuff them and maybe even zap them with my stun gun if they give me any lip.  OK so that was all made up, but just shows how assinine (sp?) the tsa's reasoning is.  

I also never saw anyone going for the goalposts, and of course no one is going to file abuse charges against the pd, very few people ever do.  

I would also be surprised if anyone really broke their ankle, or leg, which is what he said initially.

What if you had a fence around your yard and a sign that said no trespassing? If high school kids jumped your fence you might just tackle them and hold them until the police came and took them away....

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

we need to win something before we rush the field

under no circumstances should we destroy property

though i have  some turf from shea stadium form 69 and early 70's

We are one of only a handful of stadiums that actively attempt to prohibit fans from rushing the field and, by my estimation, the only one that would taser and beat students who attempted to rush the field.

Fans rush the field at stadiums around the country and have for a hundred years.

Actually, quite the opposite is true.  Most stadiums prohibit fans on the field or on the court.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.

If 50 people rush the field, 40 will get arrested.  If 5000 people rush the field, 50-60 will get arrested.  So, when you see fans rush the court or field you ASSUME that it was permitted, when - in reality - it was simply beyond the power of the security personnel to control.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Actually, quite the opposite is true.  Most stadiums prohibit fans on the field or on the court.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't occur.

If 50 people rush the field, 40 will get arrested.  If 5000 people rush the field, 50-60 will get arrested.  So, when you see fans rush the court or field you ASSUME that it was permitted, when - in reality - it was simply beyond the power of the security personnel to control.

I will say this, it is common enough that schools have starting working on ways to allow it to happen AND prevent the destruction of property. ie...the collapsable goal posts. Look, it's going to happen and at least some schools have decided that there are good and there are bad ways to handle it. IMO collapsable goal posts are good, taser guns and beat downs are bad.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I like the idea of putting doberman pinchers around the inside of the wall....    Or how about punji sticks??  Or a Moat??     Just an idea. ;)

I will say this, it is common enough that schools have starting working on ways to allow it to happen AND prevent the destruction of property. ie...the collapsable goal posts. Look, it's going to happen and at least some schools have decided that there are good and there are bad ways to handle it. IMO collapsable goal posts are good, taser guns and beat downs are bad.

I would agree with this sentiment... with the exception that if people try to fight arrest, they deserve some physical reaction (tasers would be extreme in most circumstances)...

I would also bet that those schools either own their own stadiums or the facilities have some kind of extra liabiltiy insurance.  People can and do sue the stadium if they break their leg while trying to jump over the wall.  If this TSA had to get this insurance for RayJay, they would raise the rent charged to USF to cover the increased cost... and it would be substantial because every ticket holder would have to be covered.

Still, I would say that if USF fans really wanted to get onto the field in a BIG way, they could. But they would need a few hundred of their closest friends to reduce their chances of gettign arrested.