• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

Does Ford return to RB next week?

On 9/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, 7overlord said:

Don’t you think the step back that you see is because of the OL play. There are no holes or creases created, not even on the backside which is where they are supposed to be in this offense. I’m sure you and many of the countless experts on this site know that of course. Much like Barnett’s internal clock is racing because he is not comfortable with that OL and KB would not call quick game while he was in.

If Cronk bounces outside, which he has started to, there is nothing there because the OL do not climb and the WRs don’t block. 

But yeah putting a different back there would make a difference. GTFOH.

Yes we need to add more depth to the o line. Maybe recruit more physical players. CKB probably isn’t doing quick game with Barnett because he takes too long making decisions. He was late throwing the ball all of the time on Saturday while receivers were wide open. WRs should be blocking. Let’s see if he will do quick game with McCloud. 

1 hour ago, Bullgrad84 said:

I don’t think so from what I’m hearing. CCS is making all the decisions. He recruited Blake and promised him he would be the starter. He doesn’t want to bench his 5 star player. CKB was never high on Blake. If you look at past film of CKB past offenses at JU and Valdosta he only recruits and plays dual threat QBs who are athletes that can run and throw. Look at the two QB’s he has committed for next year. 

Funny...I am hearing that McCloud is all but the starter and this is being done to have a good competitive week of practice.  

2 hours ago, Bullgrad84 said:

I don’t think so from what I’m hearing. CCS is making all the decisions. He recruited Blake and promised him he would be the starter. He doesn’t want to bench his 5 star player. CKB was never high on Blake. If you look at past film of CKB past offenses at JU and Valdosta he only recruits and plays dual threat QBs who are athletes that can run and throw. Look at the two QB’s he has committed for next year. 

I trust where I heard it... 

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I trust where I heard it... 

I'd almost prefer it was Strong that wanted Blake. If Bell can't see McCloud is much better I'm worried. 

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'd almost prefer it was Strong that wanted Blake. If Bell can't see McCloud is much better I'm worried. 

Many offensive coordinators and QB coaches think they are geniuses, even if they are nothing special (jury is out on Bell for me). They see and kid with Blake's physical ability and think they are the one who that can "fix him" and spend too much time trying to do so. It's why Barnett has played for 3 different FBS schools. Typically kids drop to the FCS level after flaming out twice but because Blake has all the physical ability to play at the next level, here he is. Hopefully the experiment is over this weekend. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Many offensive coordinators and QB coaches think they are geniuses, even if they are nothing special (jury is out on Bell for me). They see and kid with Blake's physical ability and think they are the one who that can "fix him" and spend too much time trying to do so. It's why Barnett has played for 3 different FBS schools. Typically kids drop to the FCS level after flaming out twice but because Blake has all the physical ability to play at the next level, here he is. Hopefully the experiment is over this weekend. 

I am not a QB coach but what looks like is holding Blake back isn't his physical abilities but what is going on in his head.  

I just hope McCloud isn't a Bobby Eveld.  Plays good when going into the game as the backup but as a starter he struggled. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

17 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I am not a QB coach but what looks like is holding Blake back isn't his physical abilities but what is going on in his head.  

I just hope McCloud isn't a Bobby Eveld.  Plays good when going into the game as the backup but as a starter he struggled. 

That's my point. Bell may think he can fix Blake but at this point Blake is who he is. Bell is still letting those physical tools blind him because of the huge upside if it did click with Blake and he started having better pocket presence and seeing the whole field. Problem is all the evidence says that light bulb going off is very, very unlikely. Blake is the football equivalent of a lefty pitcher who can throw mid to high 90's but has control problems. Because of the potential he will keep getting chances even after it's deserved 

Edited by Bull Dozer

Short of sending Barnett to hypo therapist, I think McCloud should start. 

Edited by Gismo

39 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

That's my point. Bell may think he can fix Blake but at this point Blake is who he is. Bell is still letting those physical tools blind him because of the huge upside if it did click with Blake and he started having better pocket presence and seeing the whole field. Problem is all the evidence says that light bulb going off is very, very unlikely. Blake is the football equivalent of a lefty pitcher who can throw mid to high 90's but has control problems. Because of the potential he will keep getting chances even after it's deserved 

Lets put ourselves in Bells shoes. He has had two games with Barnett. We have had 15 with Barnett at the helm so certainly he will feel differently about him than we do. If I was Bell would I want to give up on somebody after two games? Its a tough spot for sure.  

13 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Lets put ourselves in Bells shoes. He has had two games with Barnett. We have had 15 with Barnett at the helm so certainly he will feel differently about him than we do. If I was Bell would I want to give up on somebody after two games? Its a tough spot for sure.  

Yea it is but its not like we are struggling some and have the 90th ranked offense.  We are dead last with 10 points in 2 games.

20 drives vs Jordan's 4 and Jordan isnt that far behind in yards.

Bell should have made Blake earn his job not just named the starter cause he is a senior.  Not like he was tearing it up those last seven games. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade