• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Does Ford return to RB next week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

QB competition this week according to CCS

That's plausible deniability and cover for another Blake start.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

We need rb competition Oline competition WR competition. There should be no competition for QB1 but maybe QB2 between Blake and Evans. Evans just needs to work on passing 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

Do we have a coaching competition?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166

On 9/9/2019 at 12:10 PM, Bull Dozer said:

CCS not Bell.... Bell wanted to stay with Blake.... 

I don’t think so from what I’m hearing. CCS is making all the decisions. He recruited Blake and promised him he would be the starter. He doesn’t want to bench his 5 star player. CKB was never high on Blake. If you look at past film of CKB past offenses at JU and Valdosta he only recruits and plays dual threat QBs who are athletes that can run and throw. Look at the two QB’s he has committed for next year. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Maybe we should start Blake against SC State to give him some confidence.

But after saying that, we are only a 10 point favorite over this FBS team, so maybe not. 

On 9/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, Bull Dozer said:

Nope, let the offense get acclimated to McCloud and see what happens. Ford should kill in the slot now that we have a QB that is capable if going through his progressions 

McCloud is more of a dual threat QB which CKB usually has leading his offense. He looked poised and made good decisions for a redshirt freshman. Hopefully CCS will make the right decision and let him start. I think we can win with him. 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:50 AM, MikeG said:

Ford was back there at RB for some plays in the GT game. I can see them going that route.

As much as we all hated seeing that half back dive play last year, it was a perfect play for Cronkrite imo. It let's him hit the line fast and if he escapes the initial line and LB pressure, he would be hauling arse down the middle of the field. Now it wasn't like it worked every time-- and often it would all of us grown with displeasure. Then suddenly he would be through the hole and heading toward the end zone.

Now he seems to be relegated to an after thought, never getting his legs under him with enough carries to build up any steam. That is partially the new offense and also because the runs are never up the gut where they seemed much more effective. Seems like he always ends up going off tackle or running along the line instead of through it-- and he is not powerful at all running that way.

I could be wrong on that. He did seem much less productive towards the end of last season after he hit about 900 yards rushing. That did coincide with Ford emerging as the main rush threat.

If we start McCloud, get the offense operating somewhat productively from a passing standpoint, and actual TRY TO RUN with some goal towards balance-- these things will certainly help the overall running game. I want to believe Ford can work as both a running back or a slot receiver. He does get attention even as a decoy so more of him on the field is better. I don't want to give up on Cronkrite but then again-- I only see him floundering in our games and can't tell if that is the same in practice. 

The key to this offense working is using a quarterback who can see the field -- which I felt McCloud was doing very well-- and was impressed with his accurate throws to very wide open guys. That seems to be BBs main problem - locking on one receiver and telegraphing to the defense where to focus the coverage-- and he doesn't care, he still throws into tight or double and even triple coverage - leaving some other guys wide open standing there going "What are you doing?". You never even see Blake try a pump fake or look off any coverage. Pretty frustrating-- great arm, no game sense.

I totally agree. There were receivers and running backs running open. He doesn’t see the field. He would throw in double and triple coverage. He has no feel for the game. McCloud seems to fit Bells offense much better. He is young and will make some mistakes but we have a better chance of winning with him. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:13 AM, mjadams said:

I'm just glad CCS made a move at QB. I never thought he would take Blake out of the game like many others on here. That shows he is trying to figure things out. Now if J-McCloud doesnt start the next game I could quite possibly be finished watching Bulls football this year. 

Me too. CCS has no choice. If he doesn’t make a change he is going to get fired. Blake can’t get it done. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

A top team that was full of seniors and a 2016 class that is bo longer here.

Recruiting has been terrible. Our team is not real good. The defensive transfers have definitely helped us. CWT was a good recruiter. CCS has run off so many players. 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, 7overlord said:

Don’t you think the step back that you see is because of the OL play. There are no holes or creases created, not even on the backside which is where they are supposed to be in this offense. I’m sure you and many of the countless experts on this site know that of course. Much like Barnett’s internal clock is racing because he is not comfortable with that OL and KB would not call quick game while he was in.

If Cronk bounces outside, which he has started to, there is nothing there because the OL do not climb and the WRs don’t block. 

But yeah putting a different back there would make a difference. GTFOH.

Yes we need to add more depth to the o line. Maybe recruit more physical players. CKB probably isn’t doing quick game with Barnett because he takes too long making decisions. He was late throwing the ball all of the time on Saturday while receivers were wide open. WRs should be blocking. Let’s see if he will do quick game with McCloud.