• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Quotes from 10/04

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF SID Office

Head Coach Jim Leavitt Press Luncheon Quotes

Tuesday October 4, 2005

Opening Statements … “Going back to the Miami game, our guys were ready to play; were they too ready? Maybe they were. It’s such a big thing playing Miami and it was so exciting. It was a really a great place to play and we enjoyed that part of it. We didn’t play a very good first quarter. After that, we went toe to toe with Miami for three quarters of football. To me that’s pretty strong. I thought our guys battled all the way though. We had a chance in the third quarter with the two possessions and the missed field goal. We cold have had another shot at a score. Your certainly can’t turn the ball over like that but we knew it would be a tough game. You take the first quarter out of it and we really battled Miami all the way to the end”

On Courtney Denson playing against Miami … “Courtney went out there and did some things that show he has talent. He can run well he threw the ball a little better then most people expected, and that’s encouraging. Both him and Pat, they are such great guys and they work so hard and it means so much to them.”

On Miami’s Defense … “Their defensive line is pretty good. Even at the end with the last touchdown they got. It took them four times from first and goal to get in there. It wasn’t easy for them. We really made it tough. It was real encouraging when you look at the big picture that we are trying to get to.”

On the Off Week … “You think on an off week you have some time but I don’t know where you have it. I went to get a haircut yesterday and there were people waiting. I couldn’t wait, I just came right back. I don’t know when I can get out to do it. I told our players we don’t have an off week, we just have an extended week.”

On Any Similarities between Penn St. and Miami … “They are different, it’s hard to explain. I don’t know if our guys knew what they can really do with Penn St. I felt like our guys felt like they can go in there and brat Miami. They felt like they had a chance. That’s why they were a little disappointed. They were disappointed after Penn St. because they knew they had a shot. We went to an onside kick in the fourth quarter against Miami; that was our only shot. We needed a miracle. How are you going to know if you don’t try. We didn’t get a good kick. Our guys know if they play at a very high level, they always have a chance to win the game. Our guys went down to Miami to win a ball game. We knew how good Miami is.”

On the Schedule … “We’re 3-2, and our guys have played hard. We got it done in three games and in two we didn’t. The rest of the games are BIG EAST games, and they rest are going to be a barn burner. It is important to not get ahead of yourself and to focus on Pitt. You need to put everything you have into that game and then regardless, do the same the next week. That’s really important. Our guys can do it, weather we get it down, we’ll see. Every single game is that big. Every game has been an absolute huge game and it’s not going to change.  

On the Quarterbacks … “Pat’s our starting QB. We’ve always trusted Courtney. We wouldn’t have started him at Penn St. if we didn’t. He gives us some good things, so we’re not afraid to play him. Pat and Courtney have done enough things that I don’t mind then being in the game. They are the two best right now and they are the two that really have to take us.

On Carlton Hill … “Carlton Hill will continue to work at receiver and quarterback, that won’t change. Sometimes we put him at QB and sometime we use him at WR. We focused in a little more on him at WR the past few weeks, because we felt like we needed him in certain situations. We don’t want to get away from him at QB. We want to get him more reps at QB again, but it doesn’t mean we won’t put him in at WR. We had planned a while back that Carlton will get some reps at QB. Our two guys are Pat and Courtney. Those are the guys that are going to take the load for us on the season.”

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

After that, we went toe to toe with Miami for three quarters of football-man leavitt says some stupid things

I felt like our guys felt like they can go in there and brat Miami.-we had no chance

“Pat’s our starting QB. We’ve always trusted Courtney-has courtney been accused of stealing?

“Carlton Hill will continue to work at receiver and quarterback, that won’t change. Sometimes we put him at QB and sometime we use him at WR-this leavitt is a pip.he simply lies.when was hill at qb?

mr double talk

no credibility

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza we did go toe to toe for last 3 quarters. Are D showed up Offense didnt thats all. If you couldnt see that you truly are blind. And i know your negative about everything, but miami fans told me other than fsu's dominating d we were best d they have faced defensively. Take it or leave it you'll probly leave it but I will take it.

GO BULLS

Guest usf-ru

Smazza -

They trust Denson not to screw up in the game.

Hill did play QB in at least one game maybe two.

Not sure what you are getting at.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

After that, we went toe to toe with Miami for three quarters of football-man leavitt says some stupid things

I felt like our guys felt like they can go in there and brat Miami.-we had no chance

“Pat’s our starting QB. We’ve always trusted Courtney-has courtney been accused of stealing?

“Carlton Hill will continue to work at receiver and quarterback, that won’t change. Sometimes we put him at QB and sometime we use him at WR-this leavitt is a pip.he simply lies.when was hill at qb?

mr double talk

no credibility

ummm...okay

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

mr double talk

no credibility

Brad, would be OK to use THAT word here?   ;D