• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Did anyone notice that UM's band was mic'ed during most of the game? You could really tell the difference as soon as there were about 3 minutes left in the game, and their mic was turned off.

To the band people on here, isn't this against some unofficial code of band ethics? Bottom line, the HOT impressed me once again. They're really getting better and better as the season progresses. Best of all, the HOT did it without a microphone hookup.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

Near the end of the game, the ESPNU announcers showed the HOT band and mentioned it was the Miami band!  I heard the USF fight song being played just after.

There is one thing... my UM alum friend told me that UM music students are not allowed to perform in the marching band... the UM music department is a bit 'hoity-toity'... and won't let their students march... which is why it's so small...

By the way... why on earth did OUR band play facing THEIR fans??  Shouldn't the visiting band play facing the visting fans ??

But the HOT should have the microphones while the HOT is in the stands... if you sit on the visitors side at RayJay you can not hear anything but the drums (if that)...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My wife and I have noticed a massive improvement from last year to this year. They sound much more clear. They really do add to the atmosphere. (The HOT of course).The Scum band has sucked for years.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

HOT is much improved.  I've never seen a MB mic'ed for a game, and I've seen a LOT of bands over the years.  I guess anything’s possible though.  Could it have been the boom mics to pick up the game sounds just happened to be on the side facing the band?  Just a guess.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Their band was definitely mic'ed on purpose.  I've never seen that done.

AND they put HOT in the upper deck - couldn't even hear them from under the overhang.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Bands are always miced up in the Sun Dome for the basketball games....maybe because in the past years they have had 25 members, tops. I hope we see major improvements in that this year. As bad as the HOT was in years past, the band at basketball games was even worse.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I want to get ahold of a sunsation uniform and wear it as a halloween costume heh

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

With Miami's band's selection of classic rock hits, we probably shouldn't have people whining about Pink Floyd and Queen songs.  

Kansas, seriously?  I guess they didn't know one of the guys in Kansas was once on the faculty of USF...

USFFan

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

And they call themselves the "Band of the Hour" whatever that means.  Not of the century, decade, year, month or even day...but hour - I don't get why that's a positive thing.