• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

A word of caution with firing head coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

I have always worked in the private sector.  Discussing salaries is the fastest ways to get called down to HR where they give you a cardboard box and tell you to clean out your desk.

I really do not care about this since it does not cost me any money.  He is  most likely getting paid his market value.  If he continues to under perform, then he will lose his job.  

This is all busy body chatter from message boards.  Ask the average fan at any of the games, and most will not care that much about the coach's salary.  They just want wins, and if we lose, they want an effort from the team.  The meltdown against Wisconsin was zero effort, and you cannot put all the blame on the players.  The coaches, including the head coach, are responsible for that disaster game that was broadcast on national TV.  Coaches should pay for poor performance, and since we cannot put them in the stockade and let fans throw rotten tomatoes at them, which would be fun and a good motivator for lazy coaches, the only recourse is the university firing these coaches.

UCF got off with paying chump change with Plancher because the FL legislature conspired with UCF to limit damages.  They put their thumb on the scales of justice, and the brain dead idiots of Florida elected the same crooks back into office.  It had nothing to do with a private foundation.  That family should have had the right to sue the pants off UCF, but the crooks in Tallahassee passed laws that limited the damages that a public institution would pay out.

Not to get political, but the current US president is a public figure, and he has not released his tax returns when that is a standard that all other presidents are measured on.  Based on your statement, if he cannot deal with releasing his tax returns, then he should not be the president of the US.  

No one wants their salary made public unless they are filthy rich and want to brag about it.  Why do you care so much?  Jealous?

I don't care what he makes outside of its relationship to the buyout. CCS paid his dues and busted his ass to get here he is so no jealousy, but nice implied strawman. I do care about his buyout though because we may need to use it soon. From all reports it's linked to his salary and not all of of that is publicly available. It doesn't get any deeper than that. Take a breath, guy. 

As for UCF you're dead wrong because they used the foundation classification because there is a cap on damages an organization classified as such is liabel to pay. Which is exactly what happened. Athletics departments use it for that kind of legal protection and to skirt public records/sunshine laws. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

I don't care what he makes outside of its relationship to the buyout. CCS paid his dues and busted his ass to get here he is so no jealousy, but nice implied strawman. I do care about his buyout though because we may need to use it soon. From all reports it's linked to his salary and not all of of that is publicly available. It doesn't get any deeper than that. Take a breath, guy. 

As for UCF you're dead wrong because they used the foundation classification because there is a cap on damages an organization classified as such is liabel to pay. Which is exactly what happened. Athletics departments use it for that kind of legal protection and to skirt public records/sunshine laws. 

https://www.corlessbarfield.com/2017/03/suing-state-florida-sovereign-immunity/