• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GT QB Strategy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Yeah, Leavitt didnt go undefeated as a decade old program against competition that included 4-5 top 25 teams in the country a year... people like you have ridiculous standards. Who do you think USF was supposed to be? USF was nobody before Leavitt, and is still nobody after him. Idk what delusional world you're living in that we were 'meant' to be relevant. 

Lost to Cincy by 17, Pitt by 27, Rutgers by 31, Miami by 21.  I think USF was "supposed" to be better than getting blown out week after week and finishing 6th place in the BE with a defense laden with NFL talent. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bulls Are We said:

Lost to Cincy by 17, Pitt by 27, Rutgers by 31, Miami by 21.  I think USF was "supposed" to be better than getting blown out week after week and finishing 6th place in the BE with a defense laden with NFL talent. 

Again, USF was never 'supposed' to do anything. It was a brand new program doing amazing things, exceeding national expectations, and only falling short of ridiculous fan expectations. You're unrealistic. Those were all brands that had bigger followings and a bigger budget. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

It was a brand new program doing amazing things, exceeding national expectations, and only falling short of ridiculous fan expectations. You're unrealistic. 

What part of the word "fan," which is short for fanatic, implies reasonable and logical expectations?  

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Again, USF was never 'supposed' to do anything. It was a brand new program doing amazing things, exceeding national expectations, and only falling short of ridiculous fan expectations. You're unrealistic. Those were all brands that had bigger followings and a bigger budget. 

Look, I love The Jim. What the man built here from zilch was truly remarkable. But, people need to stop acting like we fired Nick Saban and squandered away 10 years of conference and national championships.  We were a mediocre BE team, never won a conference championship and would occasionally pull off some nice upsets.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

15 minutes ago, Bulls Are We said:

Look, I love The Jim. What the man built here from zilch was truly remarkable. But, people need to stop acting like we fired Nick Saban and squandered away 10 years of conference and national championships.  We were a mediocre BE team, never won a conference championship and would occasionally pull off some nice upsets.  

Nostalgia and low standards are a hell of a drug 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Well stated 

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Nostalgia and low standards are a hell of a drug 

Well said 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Umm... In 2009, Leavitt lost Grothe. BJD won a few games with his legs, but, he wasn't ready yet. Everyone remembers how great he played against FSU, but, the kid completed I believe 7 passes that day, 2 were huge, but, the defense played very well and BJD caught them off guard with his legs and a couple key throws. This program would be so different if Grothe hadn't torn his ACL. I believe that 2009 team was poised to be special before that happened. Frustration wouldn't have been high and either the slap doesn't happen, or, no one cares because everyone would have been so happy with all the winning. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,143
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Did he ever lose 49-0 against 17/19 ranking at home? Asking for a friend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,143
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

To be fair Charlie seems to peak in year 3 and 4. Can he improve this team and peak?
image.png.e3c9d8793ed0bc7c21f3b34639763da7.png

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

18 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Nah but Schiano embarrassed him a few times and if I remember correctly beat us 49-16 at Rayjay and shut us out something like 33-0 and in consecutive years. Rutgers was unranked both times. 

Edited by Bull Dozer