• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GT QB Strategy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CJL never lost 8 in a row.

Unfortunately he never won the three that mattered...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Honest talk - Last year, if GT keeps Tobias Oliver in the game late instead of pulling him for Taquon Marshall, GT beats USF.

USF will have its hands full every time Oliver has the ball.  He's as good as any running back.  I sure hope the Bulls are ready.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Unfortunately he never won the three that mattered...

@lotsofbull99 womp womp little buddy...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

Nate Allen one of my favorite all time Bulls, but on that play ugh....

For all the CJL love around here this 2009 season was textbook CJL. 5-0 start, including the FSU win, loses to Cincy (with their backup QB) and then proceeds to get absolutely blown out by Pitt, Rutgers, and Miami. Top it off with a loss to UCONN.  Hey, we did beat Northern Illinois in the International Bowl though....:1395_metal_tone1:.  Yeah, bringing THAT guy back will fix all of this program's problems.  

Yeah, Leavitt didnt go undefeated as a decade old program against competition that included 4-5 top 25 teams in the country a year... people like you have ridiculous standards. Who do you think USF was supposed to be? USF was nobody before Leavitt, and is still nobody after him. Idk what delusional world you're living in that we were 'meant' to be relevant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The truth hurts NewEnglandbull. You must be Joel Miller's dad. 

Edited by WhoRUSF

2 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

The truth hurts NewEnglandbull. You must be Joel Miller's dad. 

You must be Blake’s Wife..😂 seriously dude you really going to jump down my throat with your 500 posts without any tact whatsoever? Get over yourself...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

I defended Blake after the first quarter and a half because that's when he was playing decent. He absolutely fell apart after that, leading me to believe he checked out mentally, which is not a trait I want in our QB either

Also you downvoted my comment about USF football never being relevant outside of Leavitt, and I'm curious how I'm wrong about that? You hate him so much that you won't even acknowledge a fact. 

8 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I defended Blake after the first quarter and a half because that's when he was playing decent. He absolutely fell apart after that, leading me to believe he checked out mentally, which is not a trait I want in our QB either

Also you downvoted my comment about USF football never being relevant outside of Leavitt, and I'm curious how I'm wrong about that? You hate him so much that you won't even acknowledge a fact. 

Finally...a conversation...I respect that and I respect your opinion. In terms of Blake he would be a very good QB if he got the protection. That is not going to happen in many games this year due to the play of our line. He will make some plays ( and Lord knows I hope he makes a ton on Saturday), but long term it will be difficult. If we go 1-3 or even 0-2 there should be “some” consideration on starting the backup who has more versatility. In terms of your second point. I have always said that CJL starting this program from scratch and getting us recognition is unsurpassed. He did a great job in that regards. However, at some point that story had to end and the focus needed to be on winning a conference championship and at the end of the day he could not transition to that new expectation...thus my comment about winning the three games that mattered (which would have produced the hardware).  Again I am thankful for what he did to start the program I just think he could not take us to the next level. Did we **** the bed afterwards? Yes, Skip killed us but that does not mean a change was not needed to meet the goal. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Honest talk - Last year, if GT keeps Tobias Oliver in the game late instead of pulling him for Taquon Marshall, GT beats USF.

USF will have its hands full every time Oliver has the ball.  He's as good as any running back.  I sure hope the Bulls are ready.  

This is the part of the game that scares me the most.

How often do we (not even stop) but contain really good running backs?

At least they know what to expect after Taylor.  Hopefully they made some adjustments.

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Finally...a conversation...I respect that and I respect your opinion. In terms of Blake he would be a very good QB if he got the protection. That is not going to happen in many games this year due to the play of our line. He will make some plays ( and Lord knows I hope he makes a ton on Saturday), but long term it will be difficult. If we go 1-3 or even 0-2 there should be “some” consideration on starting the backup who has more versatility. In terms of your second point. I have always said that CJL starting this program from scratch and getting us recognition is unsurpassed. He did a great job in that regards. However, at some point that story had to end and the focus needed to be on winning a conference championship and at the end of the day he could not transition to that new expectation...thus my comment about winning the three games that mattered (which would have produced the hardware).  Again I am thankful for what he did to start the program I just think he could not take us to the next level. Did we **** the bed afterwards? Yes, Skip killed us but that does not mean a change was not needed to meet the goal. 

It's too bad we will never know what he could have done because only 5 years into a good conference with consistent national rankings he was unjustly fired. Anybody claiming that he couldn't get us over the hump is saying that purely on speculation, because he clearly deserved more time. We had good teams that played competitively, meaning we were on the right track. Those rankings were indicators that USF was overachieving. 

Our athletic budget and brand recognition were objectively less than the other schools we were competing with in the rankings and routinely beating. So that being said, it's obviously not a coaching issue.