• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A simple biblical explanation of why God hates USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

It's right there on the USF Traditions website.  We have doomed since our we embraced our first mascot.  As we all know from Exodus 32 and that epic Charlton Heston flick The Ten Commmandments, the Lord has a real issue with golden bovine.  From the way I remember the story, he planned to kill all the fans of the Golden Cow but some of the true zealots (I think they were called the Levitts, or something to that effect) ended up offing a whole bunch of the others -- I would estimate about half of the season ticket holders.   I think that explains USF's athletic issues about as well as anything I have seen suggested.  And with that, I prophesy that we may be wandering around lost in the desert for a while longer.

"And the Lord plagued the people, because they made the calf...."

-- Exodus 32:35

How the Bulls Were Born

With many different early name suggestions, the “Golden Brahman” was selected as the official mascot of USF in November 1962. 

Golden Brahmans logo

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

I'd put it right up there with some of the analysis I've seen! 😁

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I'd say Postmodernism and Critical Theory.  If we repent and tear down the College of Arts and Sciences, then build the world's biggest Chick-fil-A in it's place that would go a long way to showing we're working to change our ways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think this is a better explanation than indian burial grounds.  

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Not sure if this is an argument for (lightning) or against (doesn't really matter anyway) building the IPF.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, SilverBull said:

It's right there on the USF Traditions website.  We have doomed since our we embraced our first mascot.  As we all know from Exodus 32 and that epic Charlton Heston flick The Ten Commmandments, the Lord has a real issue with golden bovine.  From the way I remember the story, he planned to kill all the fans of the Golden Cow but some of the true zealots (I think they were called the Levitts, or something to that effect) ended up offing a whole bunch of the others -- I would estimate about half of the season ticket holders.   I think that explains USF's athletic issues about as well as anything I have seen suggested.  And with that, I prophesy that we may be wandering around lost in the desert for a while longer.

"And the Lord plagued the people, because they made the calf...."

-- Exodus 32:35

How the Bulls Were Born

With many different early name suggestions, the “Golden Brahman” was selected as the official mascot of USF in November 1962. 

Nah, we threw down the vanity of that golden brahman and renamed to "Bulls", whose blood atoned for the sins of the people often. If there wasn't enough blood spilled on that field Friday to make up for any arrogance or football idol worship, we're not doing the repenting thing right. Of course that would mean more blood in Atlanta.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I'd say Postmodernism and Critical Theory.  If we repent and tear down the College of Arts and Sciences, then build the world's biggest Chick-fil-A in it's place that would go a long way to showing we're working to change our ways.

And a hobby lobby!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:
5 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

And a hobby lobby!

Don't we already have an on-campus Publix? That was part of our Critical Theory about how we make USF a better place, so CFA would be like more blasphemy. ;) 

edit: to be clear, what I mean is Publix = founded locally, CFA = started near Atlanta (ie home of GT).

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

:popcorn: