Jump to content
Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Next:  at Navy, 10/19 3:30 p.m. CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    BYU 3 13 7 0 23
    Bulls 0 7 7 13 27
               
     McCloud - 7/14, 72 yards, TD, INT; Cronkrite - 26 car, 158 yds, 2 TDs; Wilcox - 2 recs, 52 yds, TD
     
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

Charlie Strong Press Conference Pre-Ga. Tech

Recommended Posts

Let’s revisit this topic in December 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Kelly hopes will happen

work itself out office space GIF

but what’s really happening on the sidelines right now

tired ligue 1 GIF by Toulouse Football Club

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, Bell called some good plays early that were not executed. BB didn't do his job very well as Bell was routinely yelling at him on the sidelines after plays. Someone else said it, but, BB seems to be a 1-read guy. That was evident last year as well.

Bell has been here 1 game. BB and Strong picked up right where they left off last year.

For those concerned about Bell's experience of only coaching D2, I'll just leave 2 names here for you... Gus Malzahn and Jim Tressel. High school starts and have won national championships at big programs. Football is football. You don't have to have coached in D1 to be a good coach. Our best years with CWT were largely based on Flowers, but, the offensive scheme was heavily influenced by a high school coach.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

In my opinion, Bell called some good plays early that were not executed. BB didn't do his job very well as Bell was routinely yelling at him on the sidelines after plays. Someone else said it, but, BB seems to be a 1-read guy. That was evident last year as well.

Bell has been here 1 game. BB and Strong picked up right where they left off last year.

For those concerned about Bell's experience of only coaching D2, I'll just leave 2 names here for you... Gus Malzahn and Jim Tressel. High school starts and have won national championships at big programs. Football is football. You don't have to have coached in D1 to be a good coach. Our best years with CWT were largely based on Flowers, but, the offensive scheme was heavily influenced by a high school coach.

Tressel’s coaching progression looks pretty standard. KB’s resume involves getting fired from Jacksonville University and then a couple of years at a d-II school before being brought up to FBS as an offensive coordinator, that’s a mighty powerful jump for one job change. Can he do it? Maybe but it’s not off to a swimming start and there is nothing in his resume that makes it likely.  It was a flyer pick when we needed a guaranteed home run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Tressel’s coaching progression looks pretty standard. KB’s resume involves getting fired from Jacksonville University and then a couple of years at a d-II school before being brought up to FBS as an offensive coordinator, that’s a mighty powerful jump for one job change. Can he do it? Maybe but it’s not off to a swimming start and there is nothing in his resume that makes it likely.  It was a flyer pick when we needed a guaranteed home run.

BB is a one read guy and this has been his downfall throughout his career and noted by almost everyone that has ever watched him play, he has nervous feet and this is not something that he will shake if he has not already.  KB will be fine with the right QB, doesn’t need to be a QF but does need to be more of a dual threat hence JM who may not be the answer but is more suited for this offense.  Spread the **** team out and fling it, a pocket passer with this line is death.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

BB is a one read guy and this has been his downfall throughout his career and noted by almost everyone that has ever watched him play, he has nervous feet and this is not something that he will shake if he has not already.  KB will be fine with the right QB, doesn’t need to be a QF but does need to be more of a dual threat hence JM who may not be the answer but is more suited for this offense.  Spread the **** team out and fling it, a pocket passer with this line is death.  

Burnett flashes brilliance but usually plays below average. I was excited about him at first, but he cannot make adjustments on the fly and find other read/options during the play. He is fast , but is not evasive in the pocket. Honestly give BB the 1st quarter and if he doesn't progress the job should be McCloud's job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Burnett flashes brilliance but usually plays below average. I was excited about him at first, but he cannot make adjustments on the fly and find other read/options during the play. He is fast , but is not evasive in the pocket. Honestly give BB the 1st quarter and if he doesn't progress the job should be McCloud's job.

This is what I Hope happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Burnett flashes brilliance but usually plays below average. I was excited about him at first, but he cannot make adjustments on the fly and find other read/options during the play. He is fast , but is not evasive in the pocket. Honestly give BB the 1st quarter and if he doesn't progress the job should be McCloud's job.

CCS isn’t a turncoat. He’s ride or die. He makes mistakes and never corrects them. If he’s going to finish what Skippy started he has to stick with BB until his final check comes through 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what CCS should’ve said in his presser “Hey Bulls fans

spooky futurama GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

BB is a one read guy and this has been his downfall throughout his career and noted by almost everyone that has ever watched him play, he has nervous feet and this is not something that he will shake if he has not already.  KB will be fine with the right QB, doesn’t need to be a QF but does need to be more of a dual threat hence JM who may not be the answer but is more suited for this offense.  Spread the **** team out and fling it, a pocket passer with this line is death.  

Kerwin Bell’s offense seems more based on a decent offensive line and the ability to give the QB time to produce slow developing plays. The Valdosta QB does appear to be a bit more of a run threat than Blake but Blake’s stats don’t seem that far off where I would describe them as completely different types of QB’s. Maybe a dual threat QB will be just what the doctor ordered for KB but if it is it will involve a major redevelopment of his fun n’ gun meets NFL style that was implemented with such dual threat QBs as Danny Wuerffel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Members do not see this ad, Register today


×
×
  • Create New...