• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong Press Conference Pre-Ga. Tech

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

That might be about the only obvious example from 2017, and it might have had something to do with the team executing Gilbert's offense, but we still won that game by 20.

I understand everyone's frustration, but I'm not crazy about the "Charlie doesn't care" talk. I think he did everything possible in the offseason to address the needs of the team. It's not working out so far, but I seriously doubt that it's from a lack of effort on Charlie's part. The Bell hire is what will make or break Charlie this season. There weren't a ton of people complaining about the hire before the season started, and several thought it was a good hire and were excited about it, now after one game, they think Charlie's an idiot for hiring a Division 2 guy. I'm not arguing that Charlie is the right guy for the job, but it looks to me like he is trying.

I wanted Strong and I wanted Bell, so you make a good argument.  Nobody wants to fail, people don’t get up and say let me go to my job and stink up the place and not care that my legacy is going down the tubes and be miserable.  He simply is in over his head and does not have the ability to get us back on track, this team is regressing at the same pace as Skippy’s team, seen this movie before and not excited about the sequel.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Who gives a **** 

On the "who gives a ****" front, Sterlin Gilbert is 1-0 as a Head Coach. His leading rusher in week 1 was former USF RB Elijah Mack

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

On the "who gives a ****" front, Sterlin Gilbert is 1-0 as a Head Coach. His leading rusher in week 1 was former USF RB Elijah Mack

Who did they beat? Better yet who cares, once we care about that then we are Fort Valley State,  Tennessee State or San Angelo State, not ready to become that irrelevant yet, someday maybe.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I wanted Strong and I wanted Bell, so you make a good argument.  Nobody wants to fail, people don’t get up and say let me go to my job and stink up the place and not care that my legacy is going down the tubes and be miserable.  He simply is in over his head and does not have the ability to get us back on track, this team is regressing at the same pace as Skippy’s team, seen this movie before and not excited about the sequel.

I think that going into 2018, people realized we were a little thin and inexperienced on defense, particularly at LB. The Sawtelle injury threw things into disarray obviously. I think Strong did what he could to address those issues in the offseason, and many were excited about Bell's hiring. I would say that if the offense couldn't even get past mid field until the final minutes of the game, that's on Bell. I get what you're saying though, whatever the reason, if your team puts forth crap performances  for the better part of the last 14 games, people are going to look at the Head Coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Who did they beat? Better yet who cares, once we care about that then we are Fort Valley State,  Tennessee State or San Angelo State, not ready to become that irrelevant yet, someday maybe.

Sounds like the better part of KB’s resume

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

He looks like a loser and sounds like a loser.

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

He looks like a loser and sounds like a loser.

You were right CCS is a loser, holding judgement on KB, he needs a mobile QB, BB is not the guy, only hope is Jordan, only hope we got.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You were right CCS is a loser, holding judgement on KB, he needs a mobile QB, BB is not the guy, only hope is Jordan, only hope we got.  

I am not sure about Jordan, we may have to wait on Tate Rodemaker

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

what our fans obviously need...

Image result for angry mob pitchforks

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

God **** this thread just got hot. I am going to cool it on the negative vibe before a game as I need positive juice for a few days. If we lose a close one and show improvement I can live with that as long as we win the next two.