Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  at Navy, 10/19 3:30 p.m. CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Final
    BYU 3 13 7 0 23
    Bulls 0 7 7 13 27

McCloud - 7/14, 72 yards, TD, INT; Cronkrite - 26 car, 158 yds, 2 TDs; Wilcox - 2 recs, 52 yds, TD

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

Charlie Strong Press Conference Pre-Ga. Tech

27 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Strong always says the team is prepared before the game and then after he claims they weren’t. I imagine his pregame speech puts the entire team to sleep which explains why it takes about half the game for the team to wake up 

Strong needs to go talk to Jose Lezama and Brian Gregory and ask them how they are able to relate to, motivate and inspire their student athletes despite being much older and not necessarily from the same cultures.

Interesting that someone asked about Blake staying as the starter. If he violation the bed again the heat is on.

Interesting that CCS will try and get half of the IPF approved for construction soon.

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Strong needs to go talk to Jose Lezama and Brian Gregory and ask them how they are able to relate to, motivate and inspire their student athletes despite being much older and not necessarily from the same cultures.

They have charisma..

Just now, puc86 said:

They have charisma..

That's tough to teach.

I've seen managers who don't have it try and it's worse than when they don't, it's painful. So if CCS really can't, he's better off not trying until he learns to fake it perfectly or actually develops some. But charisma or not, the team doesn't look prepared from an x's and o's standpoint.

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

That's tough to teach.

I've seen managers who don't have it try and it's worse than when they don't, it's painful. So if CCS really can't, he's better off not trying until he learns to fake it perfectly or actually develops some. But charisma or not, the team doesn't look prepared from an x's and o's standpoint.

and the preparation or lack thereof has been evident for al long time.

11 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

and the preparation or lack thereof has been evident for al long time.

About 2 years and 1 game or so?

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

About 2 years and 1 game or so?

Quick question, 

What game were we not prepared for in the 2017 season?

Edited by DELdaBull
Spelling

11 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Quick question, 

I think even first game we were down 17 to 0...just very slow start vs a really bad team. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Quick question, 

The universal set.

6 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I think even first game we were down 17 to 0...just very slow start vs a really bad team. 

That might be about the only obvious example from 2017, and it might have had something to do with the team executing Gilbert's offense, but we still won that game by 20.

I understand everyone's frustration, but I'm not crazy about the "Charlie doesn't care" talk. I think he did everything possible in the offseason to address the needs of the team. It's not working out so far, but I seriously doubt that it's from a lack of effort on Charlie's part. The Bell hire is what will make or break Charlie this season. There weren't a ton of people complaining about the hire before the season started, and several thought it was a good hire and were excited about it, now after one game, they think Charlie's an idiot for hiring a Division 2 guy. I'm not arguing that Charlie is the right guy for the job, but it looks to me like he is trying.