• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Florida HS Football overrated?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

It’s coaching. 

FSU won a national championship recently, and UCF had back to back undefeated regular seasons and a win over Auburn. Shortly after being 0 - 12.

Holtz beat Clemson in a bowl game, and Norte Dame away. And Holtz wasn’t even a good coach. 

Florida has the athletes to win. Not all of them stay in Florida. Not all of them have the best coaches.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!! 

DON'T YOU EVER SELL YOUR ABILITY TO DEFEND CJL SHORT!!!!

Thanks but I actually try to stick to facts regarding it because I don’t want to turn the argument into a complete joke. Now granted I will hand pick facts, I will be hyperbolic, I will make things a bit more colorful, I will stretch the boundaries of what others may consider the reality of the  situation but I don’t just make up absurd theories out of nowhere mostly because CJL gave me a pretty solid base to work with and I don’t want to completely cheapen the argument. Corey has picked an argument that has absolutely zero capital and he is free to stretch the boundaries of creativity because there is nothing to cheapen. I think I may take up the cause of Orlando Antigua just to see if I can champion at a P5 level

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The question should be is why had west coast football been so bad?

I'm guessing also bad coaching? Dont follow the west coast teams.  If Smazza was still around he could chime in about USC. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We have the time, so why not all of them

Full confession...whenever I see his little keyboard avatar pop up, I think of this.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,330
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I'm guessing also bad coaching? Dont follow the west coast teams.  If Smazza was still around he could chime in about USC. 

Certainly possible, Wash has turned it around with Chris Peterson, who we knew was a great coach. 

Oregon, we all know what theyve gone through by they are pulling FL coaches and athletes. UCLA has Chip, so we'll see how that works. USC IMO has been awful with their selections, but will be back.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

The question should be is why had west coast football been so bad?

Football isn’t as big of a focus. Baseball is definitely king, and soccer is big out here too. Basketball is also fairly popular. In Florida football was always it. Here football is not the top dog

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Football isn’t as big of a focus. Baseball is definitely king, and soccer is big out here too. Basketball is also fairly popular. In Florida football was always it. Here football is not the top dog

Not wrong and I wonder if it eventually catches up with football.

Being a generally southern sport I wonder if it eventually drops in CFB. Obviously, NFL is a little more neutral, but CFB and playoffs have generally been tilted toward the south.

Edited by USFBULL_08

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

Football is very popular in Arizona but the population is a third of Florida and there are so fewer towns (91 total in the entire state) and high schools comparatively. Granted 4.4 million people live in one county alone (Maricopa which encompasses Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, etc). The high schools in Phoenix are enormous -- total students in some shocked me.

Lots of good football along the west coast as well -- but after living in Phoenix 5 plus years, NOTHING compares to what I saw living in the south east. The fans out here seem interested until their team sort of sputters -- they are more of a front runner type fan than what we see in Tampa if you can believe it. At least that is what I've seen though Brad and Terry might have different takes.

Not being from the west coast Arizona was always kinda interesting to me. I could never see that state being serious about football even though I'm well aware of their schools and former players. Kinda seema like a 2nd/3rd tier state in football.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Not being from the west coast Arizona was always kinda interesting to me. I could never see that state being serious about football even though I'm well aware of their schools and former players. Kinda seema like a 2nd/3rd tier state in football.

It’s too **** hot to play football in some parts of the west. And the weather is nice for like 2-3 weeks and then it’s too dam cold