• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So you're Michael Kelly at the LRS center Tuesday morning ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Puc with the win

I can play this game all day. “Hey coach can I see you in my office? I would ask you to bring your playbook but let’s be honest if you had one we wouldn’t be having this conversation.”

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

friendly amendment?

I assumed there are a few pieces of scratch paper or crayon drawings lying around but I’ve really seen no evidence to support the idea; I guess we can assume there must be something and it just happens to be horrible. Maybe the protective helmet covers that only work when you go 70% have trained our guys to do that in the games, maybe it’s that the coach seems to be listless or perhaps it’s that there isn’t a playbook. No matter what something is wrong, someone is responsible to fix it and not a whole lot of people have reason to believe that they will if I were capable of emotion I imagine I would feel sadness right now.

4 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Head coaches have a team plan--- and part of that is the play book sure -- though I would imagine the offensive playbook is basically Kerwin Bell's system that he has been refining for 20 some years. I took the comment to be more like something you tell an NFL player who is getting cut. Either way-- I'm for it. 

It was my inspiration and I do assume there is some sort of game plan but when you manage to do zilch when every other team in FBS managed to do at least something it’s hard to believe there is an actual plan (even a bad plan should do something).

19 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Man-- this past game was the perfect storm of things not going USFs way.

1) A new OC who has limited time to put in a his new offensive game plan, one that supposedly is centered around a certain player (Ford) being a prominent cog-- then having that player taken away from playing at all with very little notice by a head case head coach.

2) Having a head case for a head coach who at no point seems the slightest bit interested in what the team is doing - talks very little to the players, his assistants, or even the referees. Looks like he would rather be somewhere else-- the team sees this and have seen it for over a year.

3) Lucking (sarcasm) into playing a team that features an amazing running back and line to block for him-- something that directly attacks the weakest part of your defense.

4) Players dropping the few passes that hit them in the hands that negate potentially explosive plays to make this a little less of a butt whipping.

5) Losing any type of crowd enthusiasm (or eventually presence) by giving up 28 points by half time AND never giving them anything to cheer about or get excited for on offense.

6) a long weather delay before the game starts turning this Friday night national audience that might have watched to not care after the 1st quarter (though this might have been better than having them watch the ensuing blood bath).

7) Playing so badly that the other team pulls starters who are still able to score at will against your first team.

8 ) Not having the intestinal fortitude to do what had to be done back in December and fire this dumpster fire of a head coach, find someone new to breath life back into the program before the entire thing implodes and you lose your entire fan base support.

Some diehards will never quit this team (I'm among them) but at some point, enough is enough. Cut Charlie Strong out of this equation, have someone step as the interim head coach, and let's start searching for a fresh approach-- an up and comer -- some coach other tems will one day want to steal from us again. I don't care one bit what CCS has for a record at USF -- it is not relevant. He needs to go so we can get on the right track. No one in college football will be shocked if we fire him. It is the obvious move. It was the obvious move in December. This is not all your fault MK -- it was a Harlan decision but you are damaging your reputation by ignoring your house cleaning needs and thereby endorsing this train wreck by letting it continue beyond the initial part of the deal.

/rant

After all of my friends had left I told myself I would let myself leave too once I saw one thing I could draw hope from, I never left. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Head coaches have a team plan---

Well Strong’s plan is to retire, but I think the scene in his house goes something like this: Batman is his wife and CCS is Robin

spacer.png

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Listened to Chuckles presser today - glutton for punishment I guess.  While talking about what the offense needs to do against Georgia tech he said something to the effect and I’m paraphrasing....we just need to move the chains and not worry about big plays.  Sounds like coach speak but it really show how he views the game.  This lack of aggression and conservative approach has really gotten in the psyche of the team.  Sounds like  something Mark Richt would say and we see where he is now.

9 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Listened to Chuckles presser today - glutton for punishment I guess.  While talking about what the offense needs to do against Georgia tech he said something to the effect and I’m paraphrasing....we just need to move the chains and not worry about big plays.  Sounds like coach speak but it really show how he views the game.  This lack of aggression and conservative approach has really gotten in the psyche of the team.  Sounds like  something Mark Richt would say and we see where he is now.

In all fairness to him a first down does seem like a pretty lofty goal at this point, maybe he means we should physically move the chains when the ref isn’t looking.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie always has the look on his face like he would rather be somewhere else. I don’t believe he ever got over Texas but after seeing him coach for 3 years I can’t blame Texas for firing him. He shows zero emotion and can not build up players which has always been his downfall