• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who keeps scaring away the old timers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i love you guys

when it comes down to it

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are family

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Kumbaya!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  3

Hmmm...interesting subject. We hit on this topic as we were lounging about the pool in Miami. The board has changed over the years. In some ways, for the better...in other ways, ...not so much.

I think that if we were to revisit the revenue stream issue, it may thin the herd.

Then again...there is no entrance exam  :o

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

The board has certainly grown, but then again so has the Bulls fan base.

Despite all the negativity, I like it here a little more than the "other" site. Too "clubby" over there for my taste.

Overall I think there are times when this board could use a bit more moderator intervention. But, I fear that if things are too controlled, it will turn into something a bit more sterile and corporate.

Guest S.  Bien
Okay, here is my answer on the three old timers that do not post here any longer.

HowieP - a couple of newer members berated him over his call-in to Deumig.  He hasn't returned.  Some say he's thin-skinned.  Those that know Howie, know he is not thin-skinned.  It's a matter of choice.  

This board has grown incredibly since Howie and others first started posting here 5 or more years ago.  It was quite intimate then with members meeting up at games and other functions.  I think with all of the new members, there is less of a camaraderie type feeling and some people come to the board for the sense of commuity and not to be berated.  

That kind of continued "Bull on Bull" criticism and negativity will surely chase others away as well.

I read a post earlier (been out a few days) that another poster is getting fed up with his co-Bulls here.  

I think it bears mentioning that the goal here is to build a strong and vibrant online Bulls community.  No where in strong and vibrant does it mean being rude to other Bulls.  I think all members here, new and old, need to realize that the idea is to build support not destroy it.  Respect one another as well as each other's opinion on the Bulls.

s.bien, is another story.  He has long been a staunch supporter of Rivals.  I don't hold that against him, but that surely makes it easy for him not to post here.   Bien has ruffled several feathers here, so I am not sure exactly which of the groups discussed previously he most belongs too!  But in all fairness to him, I would say that he reduced his posting here because for a couple reasons - only one of which I will mention here.  I know he dislikes the anti-Bull ********.  The anti-Leavitt-********, the Anti-P.J. ********, the anti-Rod Smith ********, the anti-everything ********.  He tires easily of criticism of the Bulls and feels obligated to defend every criticism, whether it is positive criticism or negative cynicism.  Rivals boards tend to need the school for access to stories and geerally do not tolerate the criticism.  See UCFKnights.com.

The third oldtimer to leave was South_Tampa_Knight....and the Bulls football team chased him away.

So not all lost are "lost".  Just kidding.   ;)  The bring back STK campaign will start soon, but we're waiting on our new delivery of crow to arrive...(you see, ya pick on the opponents, not our own Bulls fans).

But seriously, I ask everyone reading this to remember we're all Bulls fans.  We should be building an environment that attracts and develops new Bulls fans.  Keep that in mind the next time you engage a fellow Bull - it's more than just some other stranger on a message board.

Oh Brad, I haven't posted here in a few weeks primarily because of work, and rivals  :-X   I still love it here, and your board.

The Anti-b stuff only sets me off when some fans go off without taking things into perspective.  For example, Leavitt had a tough year last year, a rebuilding year last year, however if he gets us to a bowl game this year where will all the "Anti-Leavitt" posters be at that time?  It will be an amazing turnaround, particularly if we contend for the conference championship.  Exactly, it's one thing about hounding on a topic with some real validity it's quite another to just simply B**CH for the sake of it because it's simply what a few fans do best.  Taking things into perspective anyone realizes that Leavitt is an outstanding coach that has done some outstanding things for this University, and we were still 2-3 years away before such words should ever be uttered.

Discontent with the situation is one thing, taking things out of perspective and calling to fire or say Leavitt's on the hotseat isn't putting things into the proper perspective and why I get agitated at times.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

It has been said that the Christian army is the only one that tends to shoot their own wounded, but it seems that we've fallen into that category, as well.

We all need to realize that, for the most part, everyone on this board are on the same side and that they have feelings.  Let's not let our fanaticism blind us to that.

i will still be here even if leavitt takes us to a bowl

taking a team from florida to a bowl as a big east entry isn't that much of an accomplishment

miami did it for years

leavitt has left himself open to criticism on many fronts -scheduling,failure to schedule ftu/ou/oc for years cost usf a bowl,qb situation,play calling,hiring of coaches,recruiting

he has done a great job building the program from scratch and he is a great defense coach and motivator

it is expected in my book

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza,

We were 9-2 one year and didn't get a bowl.  How would scheduling UCF have helped that year?

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

What people have to understand is that this is only a fourm. Personally, I love it. I can't explain how many BULL fans I've met from their handle first... It does bring fans together.  Unfortunately, no matter what you do, some feelings will get bruised. When people want to come back they will come back.

Oh, And I Shower all the friggin time!!!