• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Tis better to rule in the AAC than serve in the P5.

We're seeing the predictable end of being cast out of football heaven. The community interest should be rock bottom now after last night, we're getting subsidized retread coaches because that's all we can afford now that the big money is gone. Wins against big name teams get fewer and fewer causing a brutal positive feedback mechanism of loss of interest, monetary support and recruits which leads to fewer statement wins and cycles us into obscurity. We're minor league football in an NHL town.

image.png.56d6384e369243af366cc1e90b1ca5f5.png

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

As long as we dont get a old conservative retread failure we will breakout of the sad cycle.  UCF was horrible before Frost hire.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

As long as we dont get a old conservative retread failure we will breakout of the sad cycle.  UCF was horrible before Frost hire.

I still have hope for the conference season. The defense was getting in on Wisconsin and stopping things. Should do much better against teams an order of magnitude less strong.

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I still have hope for the conference season. The defense was getting in on Wisconsin and stopping things. Should do much better against teams an order of magnitude less strong.

Yea I see potential in the defense...we just faced a offense way better  and player better than likely any we will see the rest of season.

Wisconsin is a year or so removed from 11 win season. They demolished Miami in bowl game.  They are a team on a mission...they didnt take Usf lightly at all. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I guess ignorance is bliss. Either we can compete in FBS or we can’t but I don’t understand the reason to pretend like we can by simply playing the left behinds. Playing P5 teams is reality and sometimes it slaps you in the face like the women’s national soccer champions playing an under 15 boys club team. If G5 can’t compete at all with P5 then separate and move on but I’m not going to be a fan that team plays the lessers of the football world and pretends that because they only play them and win it’s some kind of accomplishment.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I guess ignorance is bliss. Either we can compete in FBS or we can’t but I don’t understand the reason to pretend like we can by simply playing the left behinds. Playing P5 teams is reality and sometimes it slaps you in the face like the women’s national soccer champions playing an under 15 boys club team. If G5 can’t compete at all with P5 then separate and move on but I’m not going to be a fan that team plays the lessers of the football world and pretends that because they only play them and win it’s some kind of accomplishment.

Not all P5 teams are created equal. Heck we beat two last year.  Two years ago Wisconsin won 13 games...its possible also that Wisconsin is back and a really good top team.  We shall see when season plays out. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

41 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Not all P5 teams are created equal. Heck we beat two last year.  Two years ago Wisconsin won 13 games...its possible also that Wisconsin is back and a really good top team.  We shall see when season plays out. 

Not all P5’s are equal but all G5 are; a Dalit is a Dalit no matter how they lie to themselves in order to sleep better at night.