• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Position Grades

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I'm going to base these grades on the first 3 quarters, because the 4th quarter, both teams looked ready to go home, and I left with 8 minutes left. 

Blake Barnett F+  The first quarter, our lack of offense was not his fault. He was crisp throwing the ball considering how bad the line was playing with no running game, and one of his INT's was the receivers fault. The F+ grade is mostly because he looked like he really gave up once the game was out of reach and things weren't going well. His accuracy fell off, and he was visibly flustered on the sidelines. If we are going to improve, we need to see more heart out of this guy. (Didn't see McCloud but heard he balled out)

RB F+ Cronkrite didn't have many holes to run through, but wasn't running through contact whatsoever. Not a great night for someone with NFL aspirations. As for Sands, I've never been a fan. 

WR F-  Worst unit on the field. Where was Terrance Horne? Either way, St. Felix was the only one who didn't embarrass himself last night. Phillips and McDoom were awful. Wilcox also helped out with a drop. 

OL F-  Also the worst unit on the field. You can have two worst units right? Terrible in pass protection, and worse in run blocking. Our RBs averaged 1 ypc. 

DL C-  Giving these guys a C- is relative to how much better they did than the rest of the team, rather than actually playing well. Reeves and Livingstone both had sacks and 2 TFLs, while the line overall wasn't getting as manhandled as you might think considering how well Wisconsin ran the ball. 

LB D-  Patrick Macon had 15 tackles, a sack, a TFL, (and I believe a FF?). He is the real deal, while the rest of the unit is complete trash. Missing Sawtelle hurt more than expected, even if Corey Lea thinks he isn't worthy of a P5 defense. While that may be true, the rest of these guys aren't worthy of starting on FCS teams (at least not yet).

CB D  They weren't tested in coverage too much, but at least wrapped up after giving up catches. Hampton and Sails were not exposed like the next unit. 

Safeties F-  They continually over committed to try and stop the run. They would be gobbled up by linemen, and if they stayed back, Taylor would run right by them, regardless of if they had the angle or not. Again, we didn't see much of them in pass coverage, but what we did see are guys who looked slow and take bad angles. That is a really bad combination. 

General thoughts: I liked that Bell didn't give up in his play calling. Last year, we would have punted on 4th down every time. Though the fake punt looked pretty bad and telegraphed. Stupid false start penalties are a staple in the CCS era. Defensively, I just don't know how we can be so depleted at LB and Safety year after year. This game was tough to watch. Hopefully Horne and Ford come back and help give the offense a spark. We also need to get Wilcox more involved. 

Edited by WhoRUSF
error
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Probably the easiest grade sheet in the history of college football 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

Barnett did not give up in the second half, the OL and WRs did. The WRs stopped running their routes. St Felix always hesitates after catching anything other than a go route which leads to zero YAC. Miller is not ready to play D1. 

This OL just may be the worst in division 1. 

Hampton’s play changes the grade of the CBS to an F. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Stevie Wonder gave it an A from what he saw.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

I'm going to base these grades on the first 3 quarters, because the 4th quarter, both teams looked ready to go home, and I left with 8 minutes left. 

Blake Barnett F+  The first quarter, our lack of offense was not his fault. He was crisp throwing the ball considering how bad the line was playing with no running game, and one of his INT's was the receivers fault. The F+ grade is mostly because he looked like he really gave up once the game was out of reach and things weren't going well. His accuracy fell off, and he was visibly flustered on the sidelines. If we are going to improve, we need to see more heart out of this guy. (Didn't see McCloud but heard he balled out)

RB F+ Cronkrite didn't have many holes to run through, but wasn't running through contact whatsoever. Not a great night for someone with NFL aspirations. As for Sands, I've never been a fan. 

WR F-  Worst unit on the field. Where was Terrance Horne? Either way, St. Felix was the only one who didn't embarrass himself last night. Phillips and McDoom were awful. Wilcox also helped out with a drop. 

OL F-  Also the worst unit on the field. You can have two worst units right? Terrible in pass protection, and worse in run blocking. Our RBs averaged 1 ypc. 

DL C-  Giving these guys a C- is relative to how much better they did than the rest of the team, rather than actually playing well. Reeves and Livingstone both had sacks and 2 TFLs, while the line overall wasn't getting as manhandled as you might think considering how well Wisconsin ran the ball. 

LB D-  Patrick Macon had 15 tackles, a sack, a TFL, (and I believe a FF?). He is the real deal, while the rest of the unit is complete trash. Missing Sawtelle hurt more than expected, even if Corey Lea thinks he isn't worthy of a P5 defense. While that may be true, the rest of these guys aren't worthy of starting on FCS teams (at least not yet).

CB D  They weren't tested in coverage too much, but at least wrapped up after giving up catches. Hampton and Sails were not exposed like the next unit. 

Safeties F-  They continually over committed to try and stop the run. They would be gobbled up by linemen, and if they stayed back, Taylor would run right by them, regardless of if they had the angle or not. Again, we didn't see much of them in pass coverage, but what we did see are guys who looked slow and take bad angles. That is a really bad combination. 

General thoughts: I liked that Bell didn't give up in his play calling. Last year, we would have punted on 4th down every time. Though the fake punt looked pretty bad and telegraphed. Stupid false start penalties are a staple in the CCS era. Defensively, I just don't know how we can be so depleted at LB and Safety year after year. This game was tough to watch. Hopefully Horne and Ford come back and help give the offense a spark. We also need to get Wilcox more involved. 

Macon is much better than Sawtelle and it's not even close. Sawtelle would have been murdered at any lb spot last night.

Hampton is way overrated and consistently was beat, while holding the receivers. 

I would like to see Burnett and Evans see some action. Robert's is just what I said he was...1AA.  Sanders can run, but couldn't tackle a fat accountant in a phone booth.

Sawtelle and Atterbury should be carrying water. Should move Hobble into the lineup.

Maybe see what Jones or Thaxton can do at a backer in the 4-3. 

Can't judge Cronkrite due to the fact the defenders beat him to the handoff.

Need to recruit the trenches in Ga., too much spread played in Florida and the players are not nasty when you get the recruits left for this level.

Charlie just ain't getting it done on personnel decisions. He should have hit the portal harder. However, we will still win 10.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  1

Very generous on your grades. You must have used a curve

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

How any group can above an F is beyond me.  This was literally the worst game in USF history.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

F for Fuuuuuuuuu......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

The whole team besides Macon gets an F and the coaches get the P for being prepared to lose before the game started.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

From what I saw only Macon, Livingstone, Kegler, and Barnett came out ready to play