• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After sobering up...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

It is okay we can still beat BYU and GT. We can also win the conference championship, but the fight in the dog has to change.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

A very good team that lost to BYU, Northwestern, and Minnesota last year, is starting a brand new QB, and had to replace a bunch of O lineman.

No, USF is just that bad.  This Wisconsin team is a team we used to compete with and beat in year's past.

Chuck Strong has made us the worst FBS program in the country in lightning time.  That is all.

W has a lot of strengths but I saw a lot of weaknesses too. I'm interested to see how they do moving forward. Their quarterback has a lot to learn and USF was making D plays on them, more than I expected.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

16 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

It is okay we can still beat BYU and GT. We can also win the conference championship, but the fight in the dog has to change.

I don't know if I agree with your first sentence but do agree with the last one.  I would honestly be happy with just the fight at this point.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

W has a lot of strengths but I saw a lot of weaknesses too. I'm interested to see how they do moving forward. Their quarterback has a lot to learn and USF was making D plays on them, more than I expected.

All I can hope for is Wisconsin is a legit top team we might have underestimated.  A few years removed from 13 wins...they were determined from reports to come back strong.  Even last year they whipped Miami 35 to 3 in bowl game.  They are I think real deal if the qb continues to improve. 

They are a horrible matchup for us when they bring A game. Prefer playing a higher ranked Oregon or Auburn.

I think our defense will be fine actually.  It's the offense that has gotta start clicking...if so we will be ok.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

We would have had a much better idea of this system had we played Wisconsin later in the year.  First game, new system, new OC, new players -- that's a brutal Baptism By Fire and doesn't really allow us to see how we stack up against anyone, much less a power team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

We would have had a much better idea of this system had we played Wisconsin later in the year.  First game, new system, new OC, new players -- that's a brutal Baptism By Fire and doesn't really allow us to see how we stack up against anyone, much less a power team.

Truth. No way you can do this so far out but this matchup was the worst decision ever. I will always side with playing a lower level 1aa team to start the season. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Truth. No way you can do this so far out but this matchup was the worst decision ever. I will always side with playing a lower level 1aa team to start the season. 

Right. Schedules are years in advance so nothing to do about it. Nobody knew when we got Wisconsin we'd be overhauling the offense right at that moment. Not overhauling the offense because of schedule just isn't an option either.

Maybe the new scheduling philosophy is that we are going to be the week 0/1 cupcake.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

23 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Um, you're out of luck for 2020, 2021, 2024, 2025 and 2027.  Even 2023 and 2026 do not open with FCS teams.  We'll see how upping our game for the opener turns out over the next 7 years.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On 8/31/2019 at 11:38 AM, ForestBull said:

3. The GT game might be the turning point for this season. If we get crushed again, I think this year is pretty much done. If these guys have any heart to them we will see it at GT.

Allll if this. This team has shown the tendency to quit and if Tech gets up early I can see them laying down. We're mentally soft until we aren't. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

57 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Um, you're out of luck for 2020, 2021, 2024, 2025 and 2027.  Even 2023 and 2026 do not open with FCS teams.  We'll see how upping our game for the opener turns out over the next 7 years.

This year we are implementing a whole new offense, so it is different.