• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please provide your list of names for the STB vacant FB HC position.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

we are a great job for a young ambitious unproven OC that wants to be a HC.

I'm not sure that our HC job is better than OC at the best program in the country.  Those guys could easily land P5 gigs

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure that our HC job is better than OC at the best program in the country.  Those guys could easily land P5 gigs

he hasn't turned down any offers. not sure he has had any interviews. he is always mentioned as a sole oc at some big jobs but won't leave for one of those. he wants to be a HC.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

They also pay pretty well...

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

he hasn't turned down any offers. not sure he has had any interviews. he is always mentioned as a sole oc at some big jobs but won't leave for one of those. he wants to be a HC.

He's been mentioned as a candidate for a few gigs.  His only drawback is being "co"-coordinator

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He's been mentioned as a candidate for a few gigs.  His only drawback is being "co"-coordinator

Looks like he did interview for the south alabama job. not sure if they offered him though. maybe we are not on their level.

sounds like his co-oc (the one who actually calls most of the plays) was considered for the UCF job before they went in a different direction and hired heupel.

if they are sitting around waiting for a top P5 job to be offered they might be there for awhile.

they do make $1M per year. Of course that is dwarfed by the $2.5M we pay our current HC.

https://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/college/clemson/football/2017/12/05/clemson-football-tigers-oc-jeff-scott-interview-south-alabama-head-coaching-job/922862001/

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sounds like his co-oc (the one who actually calls most of the plays) was considered for the UCF job before they went in a different direction and hired heupel.

So he wasn't good enough to get an interview at ucf and the guy that was (because he actually calls most of the plays) wasn't good enough to get the gig, but you're arguing about whether we can actually get him or not?

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So he wasn't good enough to get an interview at ucf and the guy that was (because he actually calls most of the plays) wasn't good enough to get the gig, but you're arguing about whether we can actually get him or not?

no I'm not arguing that.

sounds like you two think he is out of reach for us.

I don't think that at all. I think we have a great job to offer and a good young oc would jump at the chance

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

yeah maybe he was. I didn't claim it as revisionist history as if I knew for fact what happened. clearly you were confused as to what offense willie had flowers run and for how long he ran it. that is indeed a fact.

He ran his Stanford offense here for '13 and early '14 and the switched during '14 and for '15 and '16. What am I missing?

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He ran his Stanford offense here for '13 and early '14 and the switched during '14 and for '15 and '16. What am I missing?

quinton flowers was a true freshman in 2014. he had 20 pass attempts that year and 13 rushes(dual threat). willie's 2nd year at USF.

willie went to the gulf coast his last 2 years ('15 and '16) designed specifically for flowers to run as a true sophomore and junior. the 4 game thing was a trust issue with Flowers running the new offense. he wasn't still running the stanford prostyle offense anymore.

he did not try to run the gulf coast offense with mike white as the primary starter in 2014

we had 2 years of stanford and 2 years of gulf coast

Edited by Bull94