• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please provide your list of names for the STB vacant FB HC position.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

23 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I really like the offense that Sean Gleeson runs. He's the guy I was hoping for at OC rather than Bell, because I thought his system was a better fit. Some of it looks like the GCO. Not sure Gleeson is ready for HC right now, but if Charlie manages to make it through his contract, he's someone I would hope we at least take a look at. I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought Willie back either. That offense was fun to watch, and he's a good enough recruiter to bring in the guys who will fit that system.

the reason lower tier programs even began running spread offenses was because they couldn't compete with the big boys for pro style QBs and olines.

Taggart took Flowers who nobody in the country offered as a QB and Mack who almost nobody wanted as a RB and built a top 5 in the country offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

the reason lower tier programs even began running spread offenses was because they couldn't compete with the big boys for pro style QBs and olines.

Taggart took Flowers who nobody in the country offered as a QB and Mack who almost nobody wanted as a RB and built a top 5 in the country offense.

and made him run a power run offense the first year and 4 games.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, CousinRicky said:

and made him run a power run offense the first year and 4 games.  

his first year he had 20 pass attempts LOL

Taggart was smart enough to change his offense based on Flowers abilities. Sure it took him a whole 4 games to completely trust him but that offense was in place for Flowers sophomore season.

he designed an offense around flowers that became one of the best in the country. even set a record for consecutive games above 30 points

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

his first year he had 20 pass attempts LOL

Taggart was smart enough to change his offense based on Flowers abilities. Sure it took him a whole year Plus 4 games to completely trust him but that offense was in place for Flowers sophomore season.

he designed an offense around flowers that became one of the best in the country. even set a record for consecutive games above 30 points

Not sure how that all transpired but the guy that lived in Hawaii and had coached at Arizona and Willlie's high school coach showed up around that same time.  I'm thinking Harlan, an AZ guy may have had something to do with Toomey coming here.  Can't imagine how Willie knew him.

Edited by CousinRicky

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure how that all transpired but the guy that lived in Hawaii and had coached at Arizona and Willlie's high school coach showed up around that same time.  I'm thinking Harlan, an AZ guy may have had something to do with Toomey coming here.  Can't imagine how Willie knew him.

again Flowers had 20 pass attempts his freshman year in the abomination of a pro style offense we ran. the gulf coast was installed the next year.

do you think we should have run the gco with mike white? because that is who our QB was Flowers freshman year.

kind of disingenuous to say Taggart had Flowers run a prostyle offense for a year +. in fact even when Flowers played that bit his freshman year you could tell he was going to be more of a dual threat guy by the way he was used.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yeah, Willie didn't volunteer or ask for the help.  There is some historical revision going on here. Tomey was an old Harlan guy from Harlan's days at Arizona.  Willie did what Willie had to do to keep his job.  He got some help.

• Like 1

Just now, Brad said:

Yeah, Willie didn't volunteer or ask for the help.  There is some historical revision going on here. Tomey was an old Harlan guy from Harlan's days at Arizona.  Willie did what Willie had to do to keep his job.  He got some help.

I suppose you have first hand knowledge right? wouldn't want to be starting any baseless rumors.

maybe taggart realized he was going to go with flowers (dual threat)and wanted to redesign the offense(to something he had no knowledge of) so brought in his former coach and a guy harlan thought could help. maybe just maybe it was his idea. he also took it upon himself to go to baylor and learn what they had to offer.

Just now, Bull94 said:

I suppose you have first hand knowledge right? wouldn't want to be starting any baseless rumors.

maybe taggart realized he was going to go with flowers (dual threat)and wanted to redesign the offense(to something he had no knowledge of) so brought in his former coach and a guy harlan thought could help. maybe just maybe it was his idea. he also took it upon himself to go to baylor and learn what they had to offer.

Two can play the what if game.  Maybe he was told to go learn the Baylor offense.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Two can play the what if game.  Maybe he was told to go learn the Baylor offense.

yeah maybe he was. I didn't claim it as revisionist history as if I knew for fact what happened. clearly you were confused as to what offense willie had flowers run and for how long he ran it. that is indeed a fact.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

There is only one way to heal the fan base's wounds with the next hire..... CJL as HC CWT as OC 😂

I think our first calls should be to Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot at Clemson. I doubt either of one them leaves for USF but we have to make those calls. As others have said a young P5 coordinator known as for explosive offense is the direction we need 

Yep..those are the first two calls make.