• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Hell, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.  But, with one caveat:  He has to hire a good OC, and that would be Bell to me to begin with.  Jim was many things but not necessarily a great offensive play caller.  With that fulfilled, I believe that the team would rally around the founder of this program and there would be new life in it, both in the locker room and in the streets.  Besides, how much publicity would USF get with the story of the Jim returning?

But, I am not in the fire anyone camp yet.  That is mostly an emotional reaction.  CCS has not had enough stable time to show what he's got and what he hasn't.  KB's system has had one test and it is being labeled a failure.  It was execution and a loss of confidence. It was turnovers and penalties, something you see in early games.  It was an apparent capitulation and that is really the one thing that concerns me most.  Let's see how the year progresses.  Getting more than one game's experience with a new offense should instill more confidence.  There probably won't be any changes soon and I think that is fair.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

Jin cared about the program. CSH, CWT, and CCS  have never cared !

At least Taaggurt, Taggert, and Taggart did their job

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Good read and interesting take from someone who obviously had inside access. A Leavitt-Bell combo?? Could be an interesting match up of personalities and experience. Always felt administration politics weighed heavily on the CJL bs. Has he mellowed you might ask??  Could you? Can you? go back>>> I'm sure at some point CJL was fighting to save his life/career and the program he built. I'm sure his personality wasn't one of his strong points. Now I ask..?

WWMKD ??  Our Ath VP has been pounding the USF drum around the Tampa Bay area. A horrible loss like this one has a trickle down effect. He like so many Alum and Fan's must be humiliated and prob very pissed. Pretty tough to pitch a YEA USF theme...DONATE - SUPPORT to a community and then put that product on the field. 

Hell, I wont be able to show my face at the Hot Dog Hut for a while..I was cheerleading this program 110% yesterday to a Auburn grad and a La fan. Last thing they said was, were going to watch that game tonight...that sucks. That's what I mean about trickle down. We all feel the pain...I'm not going to trash the players. Sure some didn't play well and some played their ass off. I blame the coaches. This crap about WE Weren't  Ready...you can pack that, that's on you CCS sounds like post game Texas. 

Heading to Georgia Tech next week and we will holler/cheer our asses off. I'm  a USF grad..I'm proud of that so I will continue to support this Team. Is "Something Wrong"? Yes, I believe there is something very wrong with this program. Flipped the tv channel during our game to Tulsa vs Mich State#18..Yep, Tulsa lost but **** they played their asses off and made a showing.They didn't get stomped into the ground on national tv. Were very lucky that the Wisc Coach took pity on our team and didn't run the score up higher fearfully, it could have easily been 60-70pts to ZIP. That's as close to ******** as I'm going to get. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This is going to be a big **** sandwich, which we all need to be ready to take a bite out of this year. We suck, and our coaches suck, until they don't.

Drink up; it's going to be a ****** up ride gents

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Brad said:

One of many at the time.  But one of a very few that remain.  Program lost a lot of supporters when it decided to depose the only head coach we'd ever had.  They took a calculated risk and by most accounts it would be considered stupid in hindsight.

By what calculations I'm not sure. The things he did to raise this program from nothing only come from true passion for the game. When they fired him I was furious, but had already become a fanatic of the team. Now his job well done has cursed me to be a fan of this 🤮🤮🤮

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Talking about replacements and CCS is still here

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

6 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Hell, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.  But, with one caveat:  He has to hire a good OC, and that would be Bell to me to begin with.  Jim was many things but not necessarily a great offensive play caller.  With that fulfilled, I believe that the team would rally around the founder of this program and there would be new life in it, both in the locker room and in the streets.  Besides, how much publicity would USF get with the story of the Jim returning?

But, I am not in the fire anyone camp yet.  That is mostly an emotional reaction.  CCS has not had enough stable time to show what he's got and what he hasn't.  KB's system has had one test and it is being labeled a failure.  It was execution and a loss of confidence. It was turnovers and penalties, something you see in early games.  It was an apparent capitulation and that is really the one thing that concerns me most.  Let's see how the year progresses.  Getting more than one game's experience with a new offense should instill more confidence.  There probably won't be any changes soon and I think that is fair.

Agree. Remember how many OC's CJL went through? I bet he was tough to digest. Poss after this season CWT may wish he never left USF..especially if he's tied to the post and the fire is stoking while a war Whoop is going on...

Game 2 and game 3 will show what the true character/ability of this team is...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LMAO CJL coming back to coach...might as well dig up Vince Lombardi, prop him up, give him some smelling salts and ask him to coach..,

Probably wouldn't do any worse

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

10 hours ago, ZeroBullChip said:

The even bigger tragic event was the death of o ur ambassador LRS.  The timing of that mixed into the firing of our coach and the collapse of the Big East.  I think we would have landed softly if he were still around during the conference realignment. 

Ya, losing LRS meant we had nobody in the room where it happens.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

10 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

The turnout was a joke. It was easily 40% Wisconsin fans. So we prob had under 25k Bulls fans come out for a ranked team season opener. Sad

Ya well, the fan turnout was better than the coaching and player turnout.